Friday, June 10, 2011

MY POND....THEN AND NOW

Several weeks ago
my waterfall developed a leak.
I found where it was leaking but
was unable to locate the source.



SO



I removed the waterfall pump
and


tried to locate some of my old
watergardening buddies
who seem to have "moved on".
I was left with a big pile of dry rocks
and a big job.
So
I decided to remove the waterfall.




Not an easy job..lots of rocks
to find a home for.
When I was moving the rocks
from the waterfall,
two bullfrogs jumped out from under
one of them...Yay!!!





 This is how it ended up..




There's not as much algae
without the water fall
and
there's less water evaporation.





For three days, she kept an eye on my
very laborious job, never straying
from her nest.
She leaves  every day at "cocktail hour"
for about two hours,
always returning with the drake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute love birds! I hope the family increases this year....Ann

Beverly said...

The pond looks great! What a lot of work....oh my! Hope you have 18 ducklings on your pond, too.