Wednesday, August 31, 2011

LATE SUMMER FLOWERS


Today I went over to the local nursery
 and gift shop mostly for something to do.





It's not a great time of year for flowers.
 Most are very picked over
 and look pretty seedy.
( The 4 inch pots are a dollar, larger ones
 are buy one get one free.)
I don't know about you but I'm tired of watering.




There is usually a large variety of things
to see.... not so much today.





 This sweet little fairy garden is a fun project.
I've seen it wonderfully improved upon..
I guess it could be changed for the seasons.
The fairies may want to go ice skating.
Hmmm..



Eveything is not so cute or beautiful (to me).
I guess these are Pittsburgh Steeler trees.
It took me awhile to figure out why one
would want one of these ugly things.
I'm a firm believer that
 TREES SHOULD BE GREEN !!!



These are very cute but it's a shame
that marketing and profit margins
 make us rush the seasons as we do.



This stand never changes.
It's good for all seasons and very tasty.
Maybe it should change a little for those of us
who visit often ????
"Variety is the spice of life".??
Although I must admit, I never go home
without a couple of snickerdoodles.



These are strangely colored tomatoes.
They weren't labeled as to type.
Does anyone know if they are grown to look like this?
All and all, I didn't find my visit very exciting.
I guess it's because summer is ending.
( I hope).
and fall isn't here yet.
(Can't wait).

2 comments:

Beverly said...

those are an heirloom variety of tomato.....I grew ones like that last year...yummy!!

missy max said...

I knew that you would know what they were :)