Friday, September 30, 2011

WILL IT EVER STOP ????



After two inches yesterday,
we were "blessed" with two more today.
Rain, that is !!!
I could just repost Mondays post..exactly the same thing.
That was from last Friday when we had 2 1/2 inches.
Grand total...6 1/2 inches !!!
This time I thought I'd get the lawn mowed
and, almost done,
down it came..I finished anyway..
I've been soaked twice today..
This is a very common sight on a summers afternoon
after a thunderstorm.




If you've ever watched a rainbow,
you know that it changes in seconds.
It's hard to get a picture
when the colors are crisp and well defined.



This was pretty close....
My neighbor was finishing his mowing in the rain
as well...
I told him they were going to lock us up
and throw away the key..
(Even Mollie is getting tired of being wet.)


Day 2

We were lucky today to have the rainbow
without the rain.
( It went by us)


This one was here for at least 30 minutes.
I've heard this referred to as a double rainbow.
It had two sets of colors that don't show
too well in pictures..
I guess I should be out looking
for that pot of gold.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Great capture of that rainbow!!! Enough rain already!!