Wednesday, December 14, 2011

SENIOR MAX ???

                                                                This is a first !!!!  




Why, you ask???
Max has never (to my knowledge)
taken a drink from a dish...NEVER !!
When we first got him,
he would only drink from a dripping faucet.
When I went away someone had to come in
and turn the tap on for him.
Finally, I invested in a fountain that he learned
to drink from. Often he drank from the top..
never from the reservoir..



 



When I got Mollie, I had to put his food and water
up out of her reach so I gave him some
of my bathroom counter.






I have noticed lately
 that some of his attempts to jump up
on the counter have failed.
That, and his drinking out of Mollies dish
 for several days
makes me think that for some reason he is not able to
make the leap easily anymore.





Maybe he's got a little arthritis.
He's a big cat ...
Landing on a hard floor all these years
may caused some damage ??




" But I can still do it " !!

The dilema was where to put his food ....
Mollie can go just about anywhere he can.




The bathtub !!!!




Lying in wait..
( Max is always fair game).
I wouldn't be surprised 
to see Mollie in the bathtub one of these days.
So far, so good.


2 comments:

Beverly said...

Awwww, poor Max....he is such a sweet cat. Getting older??? Aren't we all!

Lynne said...

Adorable post . . .
Max and Mollie have the best momma ever!