Monday, January 23, 2012

FIRST SNOW FALL

This morning we woke up to a white landscape,
the result of our first snowfall.


It wasn't very impressive..4-5 inches.




I guess my favorite part of a snow storm
is while it's falling.
We missed that part
 because it snowed during the night. 
Mollie and I went for our usual walk this morning.
 Being a Saturday, no one had shoveled yet.
(including me).
Tough walking..(for me)

I finally got out to shovel and was all finished
and putting stuff away when....
Upper Allen came by with its wall of snow..



I have more snow on the sidewalk now
than
I did when I started to shovel..
Now it's heavier and wetter...
Chuck came by just then
 and said he would come back later and take care of it.
Thank goodness for Chuck.

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend.
I'm off to make some oatmeal..
perfect for a day like today.


3 comments:

Beverly said...

Our snow didn't stop until mid morning on Saturday. I think we have about 6 inches. How did Mollie like it?

missy max said...

Mollie loves the snow..climbs up on all the snow banks to pee...just loves being outdoors

missy max said...

Missy, enjoyed seeing your photos of the snowfall. I’m jealous....its gonna be 63 here today! I’d love a few inches of snow. Jody