Friday, February 3, 2012

60 DEGREES PLUS

WOW...
We're having a heat wave..
My thermometer said 62 today in the shade.
What does one do in February
 on a bright, sunny, although windy, day.
I, for one, was going to spend as much of it
outside as I could.



I topped off the bird bath,



 checked on the pond only to find
 that the deicer had "died.".
My pond was totally frozen over.
Fortunately, I have no fish
 so the accumulating methane gasses aren't
going to kill anything.
Hopefully there are no frogs wintering over.
The deicer keeps a hole in the ice
 allowing the gasses to escape.
(when it works)
I put in a new one and we're good to go..



We took some extra walks,



saw some joggers,



walkers,


and did lots of sniffing .



When we got home, Max was at the door to greet us
as always.
This time he was soaking up some rays.
I think he got tired of waiting for us.





After some play time,



it was Mollies turn in the sun.
A good day was had by all.
I hope you had a good day too.


 

4 comments:

Beverly said...

These days have me thinking that spring is here and that I better get busy in the garden! HAH!

Jody said...

Reminds me of Susan Boyle's song, "A Perfect Day"! Spring here in Georgia too...I saw a Japanese Magnolia tree in full bloom, daffodils are blooming, my hyacinths are in bloom and the forsythia is blooming at a friend's place!

Anonymous said...

Missy, I really enjoy This N That....I am in awe of all the time and effort you put into it!

missy max said...

Thanks Jody...