Friday, March 16, 2012

IT'S A LITTLE EARLY

Mollie and I were doing a little pond maintenance
out back yesterday afternoon.
She was spending more time than usual
sniffing in the bushes, so I looked.
DUCK EGGS!!! 





These are in the nest used in 2007, 08, 09.
In 2010, I put  in a rain barrel and she moved her nest about five feet away.





This is that nest which she used in 2010 and 2011.
It looks like she considered using it this year
because it is cleaned out.
I guess even a duck can change its mind.





She was sitting on her nest this AM.
When she's not,
she's with hubs in the little inlet.
I haven't even set up my pond yet for the summer.
She really is early....
It's going to be a long season for her.





As we were walking to the mailbox,
Mollie found a rabbits nest in a neighbors grasses.
My little hunting dog... 
 
Look who else is here..
(I have set up my pond since I began this post, 
at least as much as I could with Quackers here.)




Ribbit...Ribbit 

It's been so nice, I've gotten a lot done outside.

Gardens cleaned out, screens in, lawn fertilized
and
a place to sit when it's all done.




 I keep adding to this post..It's time to publish it.

No comments: