Friday, April 13, 2012

STRANGE SKIES



Today was one of those strange weather days
that often bring beautiful skies.




The sky looked like snow capped mountains
where there are no mountains.




We had everything from sun, rain, sleet
or hail...To me it was sleet.
Did I forget to mention the winds
 we've had all week???






Nature can be beautiful and these skies changed
in a matter of minutes.
Maybe that's where the expression
"changeable as the weather" comes from.

Speaking of nature...




The ducklings have hatched and gone...
This is the first time in five years
that I missed the hatching
and
their journey to the wetlands.
I've only been checking the nest each morning
and 
haven't been outside  as much this week.
I hope they are safe and sound.




This Coopers Hawk was on my bird feeder
this afternoon.
I can't help but feel anxious about the ducklings.
I have not seen any ducks, not one anywhere, today.
Very unusual.

No comments: