Friday, May 25, 2012

POPPIES



I just love these Poppies...




They are the perfect red.." Indian Chief ."





I wish they would last longer...
This rain isn't helping but we need it.




My Hydrangeas are starting to bud..
I wonder what color they'll be this year...




I'll get back to you about that...
I actually like the green.
They'll probably be blue but this is three plants
all planted together so, we'll see.




Froggie update...







       My neighbor was cleaning out his fountain ..
It had a few inches of rain water in the bottom of it.
Funny thing...there were lots of tiny tadpoles
swimming in the muck...
and
 Franny frog is the same size as the others now..
I know her because she doesn't spook easily.

We're going to take the weekend off..
Monday too..
Have a great Memorial Day weekend.
It sounds like it's going to be a hot one.  
The newly opened pools will be a welcome relief.

I'll be back on Wednesday.. 



4 comments:

Lynne said...

Like your Indian Chief! BRILLANT red . . . I know one Hydrangea only and it is the only one that grows around our house. Her name is Annabelle . . .

Jody in Georgia said...

The poppies are gorgeous! Hydrangeas down here are in full bloom everywhere. My Lacecaps hydrangeas are showing their purple color now, too. Have a great weekend!

thistlewoodfarm said...

My hydrangeas just started blooming and they are pink! And the day lilies are so pretty too! Your flowers look beautiful!

Happy Memorial Day!

blessings,
karianne

Christina said...

I love the colour of your poppies; I might have to shop around for some more variety!