Friday, June 15, 2012

NYC

This past weekend ,
my sister and I headed to Manhattan
to visit my good friend and ex neighbor..




Amtrak was the "only way to go".




It was nice to have the time with my sister.




We got there early in the afternoon,
just in  time to enjoy a "girls" party
of clothes and jewelry, good food and drink.
The "boys" were out fishing. 






There were games too !!
 



It was a very warm day so I spent some time 
on her roof top terrace overlooking the Hudson enjoying the view and the nice breezes.






Everyone enjoyed Bibi's custom made,
one of a kind dresses and skirts.

Lovely.




The party broke up late in the afternoon.so my sister and I went out for a nice dinner and back to the hotel.

The next morning we went out for breakfast,
sitting in a window overlooking this intersection.
I love to "people watch".




Then...
back to the hotel to get our luggage
 and off to Penn Station to "catch" the train home.




The return train had recliner like leg rests 
and lots of  room between the seats.
There was even food available...
We had a fun time but..there's no place like home.



I missed you two...
Thanks, Eileen for including us.

7 comments:

Lynne said...

Breakfast at 32nd and Broadway a fun visit too . . . People watching is such fun!

Beverly said...

Sounds like a great trip!!!

Anonymous said...

Ann Chance that was a good view for breakfast

J said...

What a fun day! Reminded me, too, how much I like trains!!

Kelly said...

Looks like you had a nice visit. I love how you traveled. The train sounds like it was nice! I've never been to NYC. I can only imagine how neat it was to be there in person.

Beulah said...

I didn't know you went by train. Looks like a fun trip. I've never gone on AmTrack.

Beulah

Vicki Dutcher said...

That sounds like a divine week end! i love traveling with my sister too!