Wednesday, June 20, 2012

TIMING IS EVERYTHING

The weather forecast was for "pop up" showers yesterday and today.
I needed to treat my lawn for grubs so 
I mowed and hoped.
Grub treatment needs to be "watered in".




This looked like a good possibility so I loaded up my spreader and zipped around my 1500 SF.



While I was waiting,
I diverted my rain barrel downspouts to "fill".








Nothing left to do but to wait...




Yay...raindrops...Perfect.





The rain barrel is full again..

 



An added bonus..not too impressive
 but always welcome.
Life is good....




 

5 comments:

Beverly said...

Sure would be nice if it rained today! 96!! Whew!

Lynne said...

Curious . . . what product do you use for treating the grubs plus what is the rain barrel water used for?

We benefited from two huge rain storms this past weekend. Your post now has me curious about holding and "harvesting" rain water.

Lynne said...

I think my comment was lost. I am curious about what product you use for treating grubs plus what do you use the rain barrel saved water for?

Jody in Georgia said...

I'd like to know more about the rain barrel. Enjoyed this post...as usual pictures were great!

Kelly said...

Love that cool rain barrel set-up! We sure could use a little rain. After having it so much earlier this season, it has suddenly stopped and now I worry things will start drying up. Love that pretty rainbow you captured too.