Saturday, July 14, 2012

ME IN A NUTSHELL


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KExZq5EiFuY/T8kDtx0AmOI/AAAAAAAAFlk/x7NBh1pMU7U/s1600/WhereBloggersCreate2012big.jpg

Thanks Karen for putting all of this together. I've enjoyed going through last years blogs.

 I can't say that I really have a creative space. If I did I would have to include my house and my yard. There are no dedicated areas or rooms. I started blogging a year and a half ago and enjoy it thoroughly. It's fun to visit other blogs when I have the time.

Most of my posts start with photographs that I try to say something about..I have over a thousand photos now..It's hard to pick my favorites but here are a few.
 














Miss Mollie

These two are frequently the subjects in my photos. 

Sir Max



I feed the birds..







I have a small pond that attracts lots of critters.
You can see the newly hatched ducklings from 2007.




This is probably my all time favorite photo.
This Mallard has made her nest against the back of my house by my pond for the last seven years. Until this year, I have witnessed the eggs hatching each year. I found the ducklings the following day in the wetlands nearby.Five out of the nine are still around. There is still egg shell on her bill.





We have very few squirrels..no trees.
 



Three frogs..12 o'clock, nine o'clock and four o'clock.

 

This frog laid her eggs in my neighbors fountain. It was full of tiny tadpoles when he went to clean it out. She's a lot smaller now.







I "stamp" greeting cards but not as much as I used to.
After all, one can only use so many.



I DON'T do counted cross stitch any more..but..I made this for a neighbors daughter who recently got married.


Gardening is one of my passions.
 .



Here are my constant companions.
Well, that's me in a nutshell...thanks for visiting. 



 

19 comments:

thistlewoodfarm said...

You have the most incredible photographs. I am a little in awe. Seriously. The sunlight glinting through the fence made my heart happy :)

blessings,
karianne

Beverly said...

Lovely post!! Great squirrel picture and the rest are just beautiful!!!

Lynne said...

Great, lovely post!

Love Mollie and Max, your birds and flowers, Mrs Mallard, frogs and squirrel. Very enjoyable . . .

Lewis Winter said...

Splendid!

Jody in Georgia said...

Loved this post! Such awesome pictures and comments! It is a wonderful way to share your talents with others. Thanks! and may God continue to bless you.

NanaDiana said...

What wonderful pictures that show who you are and what you blog about. LOVE your sweet little companions-xo Diana

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Your "studio" is the best!! Nothing like nature for inspiration! Gorgeous photos!
*hugs*deb

Maureen said...

Oh I love all the nature photos... and of course, those of your furry family members. What a wonderful place to live and create!

Chrislyn said...

What gorgeous photos! And such wonderful companions! Enjoyed the tour very much!

Chrislyn

Sandra Kaye said...

Your babies a super cute!! thanks for sharing!! Hugs

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Pretty pictures! I can see that you have plenty of inspiration to create around you. Good for you! Thanks for sharing. ; )
~Michele

a view from a brown dog said...

Looks like you live in area with wonderful inspiration! Your photo's are beautiful i especially love the sun flare and the barn... i love to shoot barns, so fun!

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

beautiful...thanks for sharing your home...I loved everything in your photos!

ciao bella
creative carmelina


feel free to visit my home studio, if you wish.

Bobbie said...

Your blog post is so refreshing!
I love all your photos...how in the world do you ever get anything done..your outside areas are just beautiful!!! And your constant companions are darling. Thank you for sharing. Best Wishes, Bobbie

Rita Barakat said...

You take gorgeous photos!!! And all the beautiful nature - you are a lucky gal!

fairyrocks said...

You do take the most amazing photos. I think the way you view the world is the most creative space. Thanks for sharing all your gorgeous pics.

Robin said...

What a refreshing post and I LOVE that all (well, most) of your favorite pics have animals as the subjects! I also love that you have enough sense to allow Mr. Max to lie on the counters if he wants. What's the use of making him move? You KNOW what he's going to do the minute you turn your back, LOL.

Speaking of which, come visit my folk-art-y "studio" (aka dining room, LOL) when you have time! You might like my feline supervisors/fabric pressers.
http://soggybottomsbabyduds.blogspot.com/

I will definitely be back to visit! Thanks for sharing those great photos!

My Little Corner said...

You have the best studio ever! Your home and the great outdoors. I also love to garden and feed the birds. I am hearing grosbeaks as I am typing this comment. We had a sweet Llasa Apso that passed a few years ago and your pictures have really made me miss her. Maybe it is time for a new baby!

Thanks for sharing!

bobbie said...

I LOVE your 'creative space'!! And your pix of your creative companions are just wonderful! I'd never get any crafting done for wanting to see all that is happening around your pond!
Thank you for sharing with us ~