Wednesday, August 15, 2012

SO PROUD


Moon makes 6th Olympic ring 

That's all there is folks.
What a wonderful event
 for all of these athletes and their countries.



They are all winners just for having been there.




Renewing old acquaintances, making new friends, more than "just" winning medals, it's an experience that will stay with them throughout their lives.



The excitement shows..

Missy Franklin....swimming USA


Broad smiles..The women outdid themselves.


The women's soccer team..USA
 
Beaming, Happy faces...
What memories they have made and when the competitions are over, the medals all handed out, everyone  is joined  together in an enormous celebration of fellowship with entertainment by some of the best names in the entertainment field. 


John Lennon

Anni Lenox
(someone needs to explain this to me)


After this, it lost my interest..too loud and it was time for bed..I guess I'm showing my age. I sometimes think the ceremonies can be a little "strange'.








In the big picture ,
it's really about so much more than this.

I envy their energy and resolve.
They have earned the right to be proud!!
They done great!!!


4 comments:

thistlewoodfarm said...

I agree! I was so proud of our athletes and how they performed! They were incredible and the US rocked the house!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!
karianne

Lynne said...

Great post . . . I love watching the Olympics . . . Makes me feel happy, positive, united and hopeful for a peaceful world one day.

Kelly said...

I already miss the Olympics! I watched faithfully every night and sometimes during the day. I agree with you about the closing ceremony. It started off pretty good, but then got a little wild and crazy at the end. Especially when Rio took over. It got a little boring for me at that point. I enjoyed the swimming and gymnastics the best, but was impressed with everything I saw!

momto8blog said...

yes! they done grew! so inspiring to watch! my kids were glued to the TV...
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
we didn't see any of the closing ceremonies..from what I gather it got mixed reviews...