Wednesday, August 8, 2012

THE EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM

This morning, I was outside thinning out 
the water Hyacinths in my pond for the fourth time this year.
 They multiply like rabbits and tend to take over.



I found a home for these but I often just throw them away in the trash.
 



When I turned around, I saw this little sparrow having a wrestling match with a worm.





I was sure he wouldn't be there when I returned but I went inside for my camera anyway.
 


Obviously, 
 he was still there with his new found morsel.
 Before long, off he/she? went to feed his brood.
 

Eat up little ones..
He just dropped the worm off at home
and flew away looking for more. This is the third set of little chirpers in this birdhouse so far this summer.

5 comments:

Beverly said...

Good catch with the camera.....you should have it on your person at all times!! You never know when a photo op will arise!! Love the little birdies!

NanaDiana said...

I can't believe you caught those pictures of that bird! Amazing. Your water lilies sure look healthy! Blessings- xo Diana

Patricia said...

I bet your pond attracts all sorts of cool creatures to visit your yard. I'm glad that bird stuck around for you to go get the camera. It's a nice shot.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Glad that your residents are so well fed!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!
karianne

Rita Barakat said...

Those flowers are gorgeous!