Friday, August 10, 2012

THERE'S NOTHING BETTER

Yesterday I went to one of the local farmers markets.
Suddenly, I was hungry for an "old fashioned" BLT.
It's hard when you are one person to have just one BLT.



Home grown lettuce (won't keep).
There's always salad. 







Yummy home grown tomatoes (won't keep).
Salad again..




Extra bacon can be frozen.
(Yes, they sell bacon).


 

Extra bread can be frozen.
(They also have a bakery).




Where there's a will, there's a way ..
YUM....EEEE.




A little off the subject..
I was talking to a neighbor the other day about my having to throw away the last two bananas from most bunches that I buy..I don't like them ripe.
They're good for baking but since I don't cook, what else can I do with them??
"Slice them, freeze them..use them on your cereal."
Banana chips !!!
They get a little creamy in texture but taste fine..
 



 My husband  referred to my cereal as "fruit salad".
It always had bananas with grapes, raisins, strawberries or peaches...Peaches are my favorite..
This was actually my dinner tonight.
And tomorrows breakfast will be....




Don't you just love fresh, homegrown local produce?

5 comments:

Beverly said...

Yummy.....you are making me hungry....esp. for a BLT!!! Maybe this weekend!

Kelly said...

Oh yes I do! We've been enjoying tomatoes from our garden this summer and because we have so many, eating them with dinner every night. I love BLT sandwiches. We often make those too. We toast our bread first. I need to stop at a local farmers market for cantaulope. We didn't grow any and I haven't been having good luck with finding it sweet at the grocery store. That is probably my favorite fruit.

J said...

Reminds you that eating healthy and eating delicious can be synonymous!

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I just love a good BLT. I stopped at a deli recently and ordered one. It was disappointing:-( Yours looks delicious.

Beulah said...

Which Farmer's Market did you go to? I put frozen bananas in a smoothie made with frozen blue berries, yogurt, milk and a little honey. Yum, also!