Friday, August 24, 2012

TO MARKET, TO MARKET

 It's peach season and this is when I tend to visit
the local markets more than usual.


  
There are fields of flowers where you may go pick your own or....



 I'm going to look like a peach pretty soon.




Jars of Jams and Jellies..
 




Such pretty colors..
 




Mmmm..love cherries too...


 If it can be "canned" or is in season, you can find it .





Their corn is the best..I try to stay away from it because I haven't learned to eat it without salt and dripping in butter...Yum..
 


  
Another section that I try to avoid.



  
One can get an old fashioned milk shake at their ice cream counter..I had one last year..It was excellent.



The displays are beautiful..not a blemish to be seen.


I guess there is something nice about summer   
after all.


10 comments:

Lynne said...

Gorgeous market . . . lovely organization, presentation, "looks peachy!"

Patricia said...

Missy, you are so lucky to have such a wonderful market. I'd be there every week if I could. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so good, made my mouth water just looking at all the good products.

Have a good day.

Sally

NanaDiana said...

Wow-What a great looking market- I have not found any really good looking peaches yet this year. xo Diana

Jody in Georgia said...

Beautiful for the eyes and the tummy! Wish I had a place like that near me! Enjoy all that bounty for me, too!

Blessings be....

Kelly said...

OMG! My mouth is watering for everything I saw. I'm such a corn lover myself and fresh fruit and homemade baked pies and cookies and bread and..........you get the picture. That place looks like a wonderful place to shop. I'm sure you never leave empty handed.

Anonymous said...


We have a produce barn that looks like yours- no milkshakes though!
I hate when a peach looks beautiful and doesn't taste juicy.
Remember walking to the drugstore for hand-dipped ice cream when we lived at Annex?
Off to OC next Saturday.
Punch

thistlewoodfarm said...

How pretty! I think my favorite is the little baskets under the tables with the different vegetables in them!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!
karianne

Susie said...

All the fruits and veggies look beautiful. I love to see them all shined up. Hoping we can have nice apples this year. Smiles, Susie

Beulah said...

I think you should have shown the name of the market in one of your pictures and asked for some money for advertizing it. :) Beautiful pictures.