Wednesday, September 19, 2012

AFTER THE STORM

We've had 24 hours of much needed rain. 
2 1/2 inches !

I love "after the storm" skies.








 Across the street the water runs from the upper right side of the picture and down to the side walk.





It then runs down the side walk to the sewer drain.
The water is several inches deep and good for white water rafting :)

 





I guess it would be more impressive with video and sound..Next time.



Out behind my pond I have my own little rapids.

 



The finches are losing their summer color.



I hope your day is storm free.






8 comments:

Beverly said...

It rained cats and dogs here yesterday....unreal! We had almost 3 inches. Thankfully the pond is now looking great! Lucky ducks!!

Lynne said...

I think I should try canoeing near you this week. The East was plummeted with rain fall. I think I am jealous of all the rain, (and SNOW) the East has each year. Send it to Michigan please . . . We really need the moisture!

Kelly said...

We had rain and storms yesterday all day. We needed the rain, but it is beautiful today. Much cooler too. Love your rainy day pics!

Claudia said...

We had the same rain -all day long and into the night, lots of wind and thunder, too.

xo
Claudia

Anonymous said...

I loved the 3 inches we got!It still didn't bring down all of the acorns that are hailing down on the house

Beulah said...

I missed seeing these rain. My rain guage said we had three inches.

Stephanie said...

That's a lot of rain! I don't mind storms - I find them very therapeutic & I love how everything feels so crisp & clean afterwards :) x

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, that must have come down hard and fast, Missy! We had some much needed rain the other night. I like when it rains at night and then the morning is bright and sunny.