Monday, September 10, 2012

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID

Several evenings ago,
my neighbor brought me some left over lasagna.
With it I got a lecture about how I should keep my doors locked especially since my house was on the market.
 I gave it some thought and
 LOCKED THE STORM DOOR.





The following day my realtor called to ask if they could show the house that afternoon.
After I turned on all the lights (really bugs me), I grabbed Mollie , locked the front door and left from  the garage..






When I returned home an hour later, I looked for an agents card and found none..Where they here?? How rude of them not to leave a card!
After turning all the lights off,
 I opened the front door and tried to go through the storm door...LOCKED !!
I had locked them out..Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Fortunately they rescheduled because "they really love the house."



I hope lemonade, cookies and a note of apology helps.
I guess we'll see.
(That door has NOT been locked since.)

    P.S.

They bought the house...YAY!!!


12 comments:

Lynne said...

Maybe that was what brought the SOLD sign out . . . they had plenty of time to think about it!

Beverly said...

it was the cookies!!! "Look Martha, the house comes with fresh cookies!" Who wouldn't buy that???? Soooooo happy for you.

Beverly said...

And now you can stop the incessant vacuuming!!!!

Patricia said...

Wow! That was fast, especially in this economy. Congrats. Get as much help as you can with the moving chores. Take care.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you! I just saw this post!

Have a great day rock star!

karianne

NanaDiana said...

Congratulations! Maybe they thought if it was worth locking up-it was worth owning! xo Diana

Jody in Georgia said...

Hummm, God moves in mysterious ways! There must have been a reason you locked the door!!! At any rate, congratulations on selling your home. Doesn't surprise me, though, it is lovely! Upward and onward to the next chapter in your life!

Stephanie said...

Happy ending!! Congrats to you & what lucky new owners :) x

Kelly said...

Hey, maybe that's what people should start doing to entice a buyer to buy their house. They come up to the door and get just a peek (enough to wet their appetite) but then have to leave and wonder what was on the inside. Good trick!! So happy for you that it sold quickly.

Beulah said...

I've heard you should make your house smell good when you sell your house. Like bake an apple pie, but never heard of cookies and lemonade. If I want to sell my house, I'm going to try it. Lock them out and then give them cookies and lemonade. :)

Anonymous said...

Ann Chance this is what sold your house!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Well, that worked out, Missy! Congratulations {I know I told you by email by I wanted to say it again}. I lock my storm door only when I'm home and have the main door open. Back in NY I actually had someone come to the door, ring the bell, then open the storm door to yell in "hello" as I was on my way to answer it. Scared the heck out of me and I started locking it from that point on. When I have the main door closed/locked I don't lock the storm door.