Monday, November 5, 2012

NEW FRIENDS



I'm happy to say that there are plenty of birds here.
I was afraid that I was going to deprived of my usual wild life presence.




I have been treated to a larger variety of birds.
Wrens and Woodpeckers.




 And of course House finches and Gold Finches.




I've seen Cardinals, Blue Jays, Junco's
 and Chickadees.

 






 This is a Nuthatch...



 Please forgive the picture quality..
Cloudy day and screening.
I have one way glass in the storm door because you can see right in to the bathroom.
This bird doesn't see me.









Reportedly there are fox around and I saw a deer.
It didn't take long for these guys to find me.
The bottom of this feeder is gone!!
 

 
There is no shortage of squirrels around here making Mollie walking quite a challenge.



8 comments:

Lynne said...

Happy you are "in the birds" once again! Great to see a corner of your new world . . .

NanaDiana said...

Awww....looks like you have some new friends-hope you don't go broke feeding them. xo Diana

Kelly said...

You have alot of wonderful wildlife around you! My dog loves to chase squirrels too. He has been known to pull me towards them while out walking so I know what you mean by it being a challenge. ha!

Stephanie said...

Glad you're settling in well & thanks for sharing these lovely photo's :) x

Jody in Georgia said...

Delightful pictures and am so glad you have so many new bird friends! I used to feed the squirrels to try to keep them away from my bird feeders (it didn't work) but I've noticed a complete dearth of them the past few months. I finally saw why....when one comes near, Henrietta, my feral outdoor cat, gives chase! Since she lives at my house, no squirrels! Hummm, wish I could give my stash of squirrel feed to you!

Beulah said...

I'm so thrilled for you! I can't believe you have that many birds already. My sister loves and feeds the birds and her husband says they spend $40 a month for bird seed. He doesn't sounds too thrilled about that.

Beverly said...

Good to see you have your feeders up and running. And so good to see so many bird friends there!!! I am sure Mollie is quite happy with all the new sights and smells to investigate!

Anne said...

These are just wonderful!! I wish we still lived where there were "big trees" and lots of birds...I know you love watching them! Thank you for visiting me, my Dear ~ and Cyrus thanks you, too, for the sweet comment!
Hugs,
Anne