Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"LEAVE IT"



Mollie is a hunter !!!
She chases anything that moves.
We have way too many squirrels here for my liking.
 She's loving it.
 Walking her is a non stop tug of war
  and NO fun for me.
So...  






 I broke down and bought her myself 
a shock collar. 
She learned "leave it" when she was a puppy.
That,  combined with  a shock,
 has made her afraid of the  "furry rats".
 Now she goes the other way when she sees one .
I actually like squirrels.
 My sister and I raised one when we were kids..
We had to get let him ("Chippy" ) go  when he started chewing the wallpaper from around the windows. He was always loose in our bedroom.
   





Ann (my sister) put this in Mollies stocking
at Christmas time this year.
At least she can't chase this one. 




She made quick work of it...


5 comments:

Patricia said...

As soon as I read your post tittle I knew exactly what it meant. Leave it is a frequently used expression in our house. Thanks to Liberty. Gosh we love her but her she is a big puppy handful.
I'm glad to hear that the collar worked for you. It sounds like that training didn't take long at all. Enjoy those walks now.

Missy George said...

Happy it worked, I wonder if that would solve Snickers barking problem?
Lynne...

thistlewoodfarm said...

Merry Christmas! That squirrel looks like fun.....I know she loved it!

blessings,
karianne

Beulah said...

Very interesting!! Sounds as if you have the problem solved.

Anonymous said...


Ann said...

glad that Mollie finally got a squirrel! Ann
January 20, 2013 at 3:12 PM