Friday, March 22, 2013

BIRDIES



Is there really a difference between a house finch,
a red poll and a purple finch??
It's sometimes hard to tell.


I'm lucky to have quite an assortment of birds
 even if they are rather ordinary.





I love the coloring of the Chickadee..It's flawless.


Sparrows are abundant and quite entertaining.




Soon there will be more Sparrows..
I brought this from my old house
 because the Sparrows had at least four hatchings a summer.
It looks like they aren't going to let me down.






Julie Junco





Mr and Mrs Cardinal are quite talkative with their "Chirp, Chirp".







The Finches are starting to turn yellow..
.A sure sign of spring and maybe the only one.



Always plenty of activity here.
They eat me out of house and home but I enjoy their antics.
I hope you spend sometime watching the birds today. 
Happy Spring. 



5 comments:

Lynne said...

Beautiful photos Missy . . . Yes, I see the difference. I find the purple Finch to have much more red kind of smoothed over the chest and head. Much like your first photo. I think those are the Purple Finches. The Redpoles . . . have a visable Red Cap , less chest red . . . at least my visitors look that way.
Perfect spring post. Love your close ups!

NanaDiana said...

Wow- You do have a lot of birds! I love those sweet little chickadees. I remember the first time I saw a picture of them was in Frosty The Snowman when I was a kid and I thought they were the cutest bird I ever saw. xo Diana

Beverly said...

Those birds will eat you out of house and home!! We should know, ours do!! Signs of Spring? I think you are right...that just might be the only one!!

Kelly said...

Your bird pics are so pretty. I always enjoy seeing bird pictures. You really do have a lot around you. It has been so gloomy here the last few days, it's nice to see colorful birds for a change.

Beulah said...

I have a Carolina Wren trying to make a nest in my geranium flower pot. This morning it was on the hanger and it was scolding me for watering the plant. I don't get the nest wet. I don't see any eggs.