Wednesday, April 10, 2013

SPRING CLEANUP

 It was a beautiful Sunday and I was chomping at the bit for something to do outdoors.



 This Holly has some ragged edges....




There should probably be some space between this Holly
and the Evergreen. 



 Ta Da...



No more whiskers..
Maybe this should have been trimmed instead of the Forsythia.
(But not with a chainsaw). 
The azaleas and Rhodies will have to wait until they have
FINISHED BLOOMING !!
Can you tell that I'm still a little irritated about the Forsythia ?



 I washed the windows,
 cleaned out the winter junk from the birdbath,
and put my fake pine tree away until next fall.
My urn is all ready for flowers.



 This guy ended up spending a long time bathing.
I had to add more water.



All ready for the "flowers that bloom in the spring Tra La".
(and the summertime too).

 


6 comments:

Lynne said...

Everything looks perfectly trimmed and cleaned. Very nice little home change you made last year . . . Loving it?

thistlewoodfarm said...

You are inspiring me! Our yard needs to shake off the winter blues!

blessings,
karianne

Jody in Georgia said...

Good job of "spring cleaning" outside! Your home looks very nice and ready for spring showers and flowers!

Kelly said...

Gosh, you've done a great job cleaning up the outside area of your house. I need to do that at my house too. We're covered in pollen right now, so it feels dirty everywhere. We're expecting rain later today, so that will help in washing it away.

dan said...

I was waiting for a new post and at last it has arrived. And how beautiful it is! The photo that I most like is the one with the little bird having his bath!

Beverly said...

The holly looks so much better without whiskers!!! I am assuming Holly is a she. Flowers!!! Can't wait!