Friday, May 10, 2013

BICOLORED AZAELEAS ??


Have you ever seen a bi colored azalea bush ?
I traced this limb to its origin
 and these flowers are all on the same branch.






You can see some of the pink in the white buds.
There is a pink bush next to the white one.
They're pretty very old.
Do you suppose they've integrated somewhere along the line?
Hanky panky in the azaleas ??
 



These flowers are from different bushes.
There are two sides to this arrangement
(quite by accident).



I've decided to take advantage of all the flowers here 
and try to have fresh flowers all the time.
Max can't get at them on this little bar.

Happy Mothers Day everyone !!  
 

6 comments:

Kelly said...

You made me laugh with the hanky panky remark! LOL! I've never known for one bush to share two different colors like that. That's definitely unusual. Your purple flowers in the last pic are just beautiful! I spy some lilacs mixed in. You're so lucky to have those to cut fresh from your yard. I think it's too warm here to grow them successfully or I would have some too.

Jody in Georgia said...

Haven't seen bi-color azaleas, but we do spot a bi-color pink and white dogwood tree from time to time. Love your gorgeous photos!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Isn't that weird, but I guess they must have "married" up at some point, Missy. I've read in the past that to root plants like these {and rhodies}, you bury a branch in the dirt. Maybe at some point two branches from each got buried. Either way, you've got a very unique flowering bush!

Beverly said...

Beautiful flowers....beautiful Spring. Isn't it great to bring them in and enjoy them. Oh, the heavenly aroma of lilacs....just wish they lasted longer.
Happy Mother's Day to you!!!!

Diane said...

Lovely flowers! I have lilacs, but mine wilt when cut :(

Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Anonymous said...

glad you have found a cat free place to put flowers...so pretty
Ann