Friday, May 24, 2013

WHAT KIND OF BIRD IS THIS ?


Try as I might,
I can't find this picture in my bird book.
Isn't he cute??



My bird feeders are squirrel proof 
except for what they can get at around the edges.




This is the first time I've had a "chippy" in my feeders.





His little cheeks are full of my birdseed.
I may have to go back to peppered bird seed.
Time will tell. 
PS


This was this morning.
See him peeking his chubby cheeks around for a peek?
I guess I should call these "rodent feeders". 



8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Thanks for the free chow," they're saying. "We'll be back -- LOTS!"

Diane said...

Very funny-- never saw a chipmunk in a birdfeeder before. My neighbor puts out stale cereal for them.

Patricia said...

Those are awfully cute neighbors. Hopefully they aren't too destructive. I know squirrels are.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oh my goodness, Missy! Was he able to get out after stuffing his face?! : )

Lynne said...

It seems like the chippies, once they figure out how to get the seed from the feeder . . . they don't forget!

Kelly said...

Too funny!!!! You've got some furry birds there. LOL! I don't know if there really is a bird feeder that is squirrel proof. I have one that is supposed to be, but I swear I see them hanging upside down sneaking some seed all the time! My dog likes to run them off though. When I let my dog out this morning, I noticed all of the squirrels quietly easing up the trees to get out of his view. They know he's trouble!

Beverly said...

Great catch!!!

dan said...

How cute is he! And so smart!!
Great photos...