Friday, June 14, 2013

FIXED


I was playing with my camera yesterday 
while  waiting for a friend  to come do some repairs
on a very old gate leg table I have had for many years.
It has been moved more times than I can count.
That, and age, 
have caused it to have considerable side to side movement.   





This table is three generations old and I love it because it takes up no space but opens up to a fairly large usable area.





I have a friend here whose husband does wonders with wood.
He used to make grandfathers clocks.
I asked him if it could be re glued.
He used a wood glue similar to super glue and it no longer moves.
He didn't want to take it apart so we just "oozed" the glue
in to the cracks. 
 



I honestly  can't remember when it didn't rock back and forth.



Good as new..amazing.



While we were manipulating the table, this piece fell off.
I wondered why it was beveled on the bottom.
Jim thinks it was made that way so one could get to the screws
if need be. Clever.....
 



Have a wonderful day....




9 comments:

Kelly said...

That's really a gorgeous table! I know you will enjoy it more now that it's fixed. I have a chair that needs fixing too. Don't know if it ever will though. Too bad I don't know a good furniture repair person like you do!

Diane said...

Great table! Glad you had it fixed!

suziqu's thread works said...

What a magnificent table you have to cherish and take care of!
Thank you for visiting me and bring me here to see your lovely blog.
Have a lovely Sunday!
Suzy

Kalyan said...

simply beautifully captured shots…lovely!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Gorgeous table!! I have a smaller version that wobbles. Yours looks much nicer than mine.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's a beautiful table! I remember a time when almost every home had one. What great space savers they were.

dan said...

That table is great. I love old furniture mixed with new design ones.
You are lucky to know someone who could fix that. ( it is not so easy!)

Susie said...

Missy, No wonder you want that table fixed. It's a great table , so handy. xoxo,Susie

Mildred said...

Your table is lovely. I have one a similar size and we love it in our little bitty dining room. So happy yours could be stabilized.