Monday, June 3, 2013

LUNCH AND A LITTLE SHOPPING


Friday I had planned to go up to Bee Haven Acres.
It turns out that we're
 "havin' a heat wave, a tropical heat wave".
Thankfully Bev, the oh so flexible Bee Haven Maven,
agreed to meet me "in town" for some lunch instead. 
 

Bev (The Bee Haven Maven)


"In town" would be in the town of Newport,
 saving me almost an hours drive in total...
It really wasn't a day that was great for  being outside.
There's a little cafe in Newport that has the best
 salads and sandwiches.

After lunch we went next door to a little shop
 that has all kinds of old furniture, quilts, doors, windows..old stuff, new stuff and a fun place just to rummage around in.
You never know what you might find.
Bev found this mailbox birdhouse that she thought
 would look great next to her playhouse. 
I though it would look cute next to my front railing.
(I think she let me have it..)
I still feel a little guilty but isn't it cute??
Thanks Bev.




My only fear was that
 it may just be one more thing too many out front.





What do you think??



8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I think it is too cute,Missy. How nice that she let you have it and you didn't have to even arm wrestle her....DID you? xo Diana

Beverly said...

It looks great there! And some happy bird will soon call it home!! Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Missy I don't think that's to much in fact I think it now completes everything that you have there. You did a great job as always.

Sally

Diane said...

Cute! When you think your yard looks like a garden center, then it's too much! You have a ways to go yet!!

thistlewoodfarm said...

No! I think it looks perfect! I love the cute roof!

Happy day!

Patricia said...

Bev is probably crafty enough that she could recreate the birdhouse in an hour or two. Not that she needs another chore though... (smile) It looks good in your garden.

dan said...

Nice idea to spend a little time chatting and having salads... the mailbox is cute indeed. I hope we will soon have new wonderful bird photos!

Lynne said...

I think it is cute, looks fine in the front and no, not too much!