Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WHAT IS IT ABOUT ROOSTERS?

 I was cleaning the other day and it occurred to me
 that I have more than my share of roosters.

 I don't really have a "thing"  for roosters, really.
Over the years these have caught my eye for one reason or another.



Maybe it was their color, their attitude or just the mood I was in.



 My husband had a collection of old, pint sized milk bottles
most of which were filled with marbles.
This rooster houses what's left of those marbles.
 



 I saw this print in a gift shop and "had to have it".


So as you can see there are roosters pretty much everywhere
except my bedroom.
There are no roosters there.




 Only pigs...but cute , wealthy pigs...Ha!

 You see, they are piggy banks...




7 comments:

Lynne said...

Ahhh yes . . . the tales of collectibles . . . (I like that wire like rooster . . . I would "collect" him too!)

Diane said...

Nice collections!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cute wealthy pigs are the best kind!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Nice rooster collection - I am on the lookout for a large white rooster for my kitchen :-)

Patricia said...

I have a few, but they are way up high on a shelf. I also have a Japanese punch embroidery rooster, hen and chicks that I made when we lived in Japan. We had it framed and I still love it.

Stephen Andrew said...

How cute! I'm terrible about collecting!

Jody in Georgia said...

Sally is down here in Georgia with me at the moment and we enjoyed your roosters, and especially the wealthy pigs!!