Friday, July 26, 2013

BITE PROOF !!!


I have been nibbled on, attacked and just plain bitten
 every time I go outside....
Little mosquitoes and " no seeums".
Spraying my garden, myself and my clothes
 and wearing boots, pants and long sleeves is a lot of trouble,
expensive and not very "green"
SO... 


Ta Da !!


 This may just be the solution..
I tried it  yesterday while removing my laundry from the clothesline and again this morning while watering.



I like being outdoors and puttering in my garden which has been close to impossible.




The "shirt" has a pocket for my clothes pins
 although I'm sure it wasn't designed for that purpose.
The sides are open mesh so even at 97 degrees, it's tolerable.
The pants have stirrups and extra material at the bottom that covers the tops of your feet..
So far, I'm happy and bite free....I highly recommend it.



11 comments:

Beverly Frankeny said...

Great!!! Glad you ordered that!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hey, whatever works!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Neat! Do the neighbors point and laugh?

Leslie said...

Looks like you're covered! Hopefully this will work:)

NanaDiana said...

LOL- One way or the other you are gonna be bug-free. We never have bugs that bad here...a few here and there. That almost reminds me of a bee-keeping outfit- xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Glad you found a way to "war" off the mosquitos and other bugs that like to bite!! They seem to find me also, tried everything, 8:30 pm is when they come out in full force, so that is when I go in!!!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Keep me posted on how it's working! I think I need to order one!

Happy day to you!
karianne

Lynne said...

I have empathy . . . the mosquitoes have been dreadful here this summer . . . then add humidity . . . ugh, yikes, yuck!

Shirt looks like a winner! I have been using one of those clip on OFF thingys . . . They have helped but in addition I have to totally cover my body when outdoors.

Going to friends tonight for a BBQ . . . Wonder what they will think when I arrive with long pants, blue, long sleeve work shirt and tube socks?

Patricia said...

It's good that you can use a solution that doesn't use questionable chemicals on your body or clothing. Those no~see~ums sure do seem to like white clothing. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Susie said...

Where did you get that outfit?? I love gardening too and I have to watch when I do it. No too early or too late in the day gardening. That seems to be when the mosquitoes come out more. I would have to have two of those suits on , if I ever went to a rain forrest, cause I am scared of spiders and bugs. I know as a kid I captured my fair share of creepy crawlies in jars. xoxo,Susie

dan said...

That looks a great idea to war mosquitos! Surely it will work!!