Wednesday, July 3, 2013

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AND I NEED YOUR HELP




Mollie and I wish you a bang up 4th !!!


 
Stay safe....
                                                PS...
I need help so I'm appealing to all of my "oh so smart" friends
 out there in blog land.
When I moved last fall, I bought a new mattress.
It was great up until about three weeks ago but now I find myself waking up each morning with an ever increasing back ache.
Upon inspection, I see that my mattress seems to have become a little depressed on the top half..I sleep on my stomach so my
back is slightly arched on this mattress.
Other than all the obvious things to do..
(I've contacted the people I bought it from and I know it's going to cost me more money in the long run)..
Do any of you know anything about mattresses??
I don't want to exchange it and have the same problem..
Everything I've read tells me 
that it's an industry  that has many variations,
 not much in quality control and lots of names for the same product
(I want my 40 year old mattress back.)
I want firmish, cool and probably coils. 
The big issue with all of them is the materials used for padding.
They vary widely in type and quality
 and a lot of the sales people don't even know what it is.
They can break down, be hot and/or bunch up and nobody seems to be able to tell you what is good, what is bad.
I'm frustrated and confused..Any help out there?
Thanks..I hope this doesn't spoil your 4th.



5 comments:

marejohn said...

Have you considered an air bed? Expensive and wonderful!
Happy 4th to you and yours!

marejohn said...

Have you considered an air bed? Expensive and wonderful!
Happy 4th to you and yours!

Lynne said...

Happy 4th!

Not sure if I am much help.in the mattress purchase department . . . we purchased a hotel model a few years ago. Very firm.

dan said...

I can understand your problem of back ache because I have the same too. I have heard many times that a good mattress is important to prevent it, but, to tell the truth, I have never got how a mattress should be... Mine, that is more than 25 years old, is quite hard and, perhaps for that reason, has no depressions ( for the time being )...I hope that in the last 25 years someone has invented something better!
Happy Independence Day to you ( and Molly ) ...

Jody in Georgia said...

I have a Sleep Number bed and you can adjust the firmness, which I do frequently depending on if my back hurts or if my arthritis is acting up. I find this feature useful.