Monday, August 19, 2013

PEACH FESTIVAL


This weekend was our Peach Festival.




The "boys" in the maintenance department 
helped set everything up.



Crates and cases of corn, tomatoes, peaches, nectarines, melons and much, much more.



The residents were given a chance to purchase these things
before festival day. 



Baked goods were not available until the actual day.
I took a pie over to an ex neighbor of mine
 and of course I had to have a brownie or two.


 

Residents and volunteers peeled and sliced cases of peaches
that were enjoyed with vanilla ice cream. 
I brought some home for my cereal.



There were bunches of freshly cut flowers for sale as well.




The auxiliary holds this festival for our benefit.
I don't yet know how well they did, but
Thanks !!


11 comments:

dan said...

Summer fruit: one of my passions! And, by the way, I love also brownies!!

Diane said...

Sounds yummy-- and looks pretty fun!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A brownie or two? You showed restraint! I wouldn't have.

Beverly Frankeny said...

Wow...what a nice opportunity!! Hope you bought some veggies!! I would have scarfed up all of the apple dumplings!

Rae said...

It looks fantastic. Sounds like it was a great event.

linda eller said...

Everything looks great. Hope it was a good day $$$ wise too.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh yum, peaches and ice cream. Sounds like a great day was had by all. Is that an Apartment complex or Senior Residence you live in? Sounds like a nice place to live at.

NanaDiana said...

Wow- That is quite a festival. I hope they made a ton of money. Those are some happy looking helpers you have there. Everything looks beautiful- xo Diana

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Oh wow! Peaches on ice cream sounds delicious!

Lynne said...

Peaches sound wonderful . . . this festival looks like there was plenty of bounty for all! I might have bought some of that beer bread . . .

Susie said...

Sweet fresh peaches Missy, sound so good. And ice cream ,well my goodness , even better. All the produce looks good. Hope everyone had a great time. Blessings, xoxo,Susie