Friday, September 13, 2013

A VERY STRANGE DAY


It's rare (almost never) that one hears  thunder at 7 AM.
That completely shut Mollie down on her morning walk.
I was surprised that she walked as far as she did.
(The Thunder was miles away .)
We had about  1/4 inch of rain from  all that noise.

Around noon I took her out again hoping she would poop !!
She didn't disappoint :)
I took her along the cornfield where I knew 
there would be no distractions.
The wild flowers were blooming profusely 
so I picked some for you. 




Did you ever dye Queen Ann's lace and other wild flowers
when you were a kid by putting them in food coloring??





Golden rod.I didn't pick much of that..I'm very allergic.




Here's a little bouquet for you.
I can't take these in the house.
 Max would eat them and I'd be sneezing nonstop.



Later this afternoon we were treated to a downpour..3/4 inch.
As we are 4 inches behind with a very dry forecast, it was welcome.
(Except by Mollie who headed for the closet.)





Have a wonderful weekend..We'll be back in the 70's..(Temps) YAY!!
 

11 comments:

Lynne said...

Everything is wild, wet and booming in the neighborhood you say!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a lovely wildflower bouquet!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

We could use some rain too.. the lawn is a bit crunchy. Lots of golden rod here as well... maybe that's what is making my eyes water? Hmmm

Diane said...

Very pretty flowers! I think Goldenrod bothers a lot of people. We finally had some rain last night-- just when I was trying to fall asleep!

Lilasesazuis said...

Missy, the wildflowers are beautiful!

I also have allergies to some seedlings, sneeze too!

I love your look ... beautiful images.

Poor Mollie, must have been really scared ... lol ...

Have a great weekend, with lots of peace!

kisses,

Ligia and =ˆˆ=

linda eller said...

Pretty wildflowers. Glad you got the rain you needed. Fall is right around the corner and my favorite time of year. Happy Friday and weekend.

Beverly Frankeny said...

You have a great weekend, too. We are headed to friends' lake house .... a little getaway!!

Susie said...

Missy, I loved your rain photos. I like to pick wild flowers too. I actually just snipped off some hydrangea blooms. I didn't put them in water, I just want them to dry. Some times, I'll pick queen anne's lace and put into bouquets. Blessings to you for a wonderful weekend. xoxo,Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Pretty flowers, never thought to dye them...when I was younger we would make salads with all the weeds and flowers...never ate them though, but they sure did look scrumptious.

So glad Mollie did her poo and everything came out well...hahahah. Seems Kylie loves to poo on her walks, I always have to take 3 baggies, she waits for her walk to do all her business.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your wildflowers! My dog is also terrified of thunder. It's sure hard to take them out in bad weather, poor furry babies.

dan said...

I love wildflowers and your bunch is wonderful. Most dogs are afraid of thunders. My Bangio is terrified of wind!