Monday, September 30, 2013

FOLLOW UP


Many of you commented on this post that I published last week.
 I sent it to " the powers that be" including those doing the  job.
It was sent with your supportive comments.


I am happy to say that things happened.
I was amazed and pleased 
 whether or not my post had anything to do with it.
That afternoon the Director of Facilities and I
 walked the neighborhood.
He wanted to see exactly where I had taken the pictures.

Early the next day  the culprits were here with supervisors.






No more dead limbs with their tips cut off..Dead branches are gone.

 


The tree that was massacred was removed.
(sorry for the blurry pic...Mollie moved)





Dead and hanging branches were removed.
(but only the ones I pointed out..They still don't look)

It's a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately, they aren't able to replace limbs already removed.
   


Baby steps...baby steps. 
 


11 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Still, that company needs to go on a 'do not hire' list somewhere so other neighborhoods will no longer contract them. Cheap labor is good for their company but in the long run it is the homeowners who suffer when they want to list their house for sale and the neighborhood looks like crap due to a poor landscaping company. I'm very saddened by this whole situation. Damage done... Mother Nature suffers once again.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good for you! The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Diane said...

Good!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Goes to show....it only takes the voice of "one person" to get something done. Good for you.

Susie said...

Missy, Good for you. I went back a couple posts to see what was up...I had missed that one. My gosh, I absolutely hate paying for work that is just stupid hacking. Everyone should know that you never leave a piece sticking out to hurt someone. Once you cut back evergreens they never grow those limbs back. You were brave to speak out. xoxo,Susie

Lynne said...

Good news . . . maybe just baby steps but you have their attention now. I hope they replace the company, who cuts a limb off the way they did!!! HELLO landscaper company . . . should have mastered that in class #101 . . .

Katie Clooney said...

Job well done, Missy!

Lilasesazuis said...

It seems that some companies provide services do not work well.

Missy, have a beautiful week

kisses,

Lígia e =ˆˆ=

Jody in Georgia said...

Wah-hoo! Congratulations, Missy, in calling attention to this outrage! Glad to see the response to your post....! Keep up the good work! You're my new hero!

Beverly Frankeny said...

You are a landscaping activist!!! keep up the good work...and the world will be a more beautiful place because of you!! (it already is!)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Good for you for doing something about it, Missy! I'm glad they paid attention, too. Someone should be walking the area on a regular basis checking things out. Here in our condo community we usually see several people walking along with clipboards checking out the condos in the Spring and Fall to see what needs to be done or taken care of. That's what we are all paying for, so I'm glad to see them doing it.