Friday, October 25, 2013

ROAD TRIP X 2


Yesterday was a beautiful , sunny fall day.
A little colder than it should be for this time of year.
We just made it to 50 degrees and it was windy.
I drove up to visit Bev at Bee Haven Acres.
Tom Tom and Moll Flanders met me at the barn.



The new pavilion was resting up after it's last pizza party.


As I drove up the driveway,
I was met by Sam and Oakley. 
They are used to running along the side of Bevs gator.
I'm always afraid I'll hit them.





As I approached the house,
I saw the chickens having a pumpkin carving contest.



Do you see an artist in our future??
 

 

After a potty break we headed out for "Road Trip II"
  The first stop was  at "Penns Creek Pottery"
which is a picturesque old  grain mill
 nestled along the banks of Penns Creek.



The mill used to grind flour and grain
 brought there by the local farmers.



This is one of the grinders that was used prior to mechanization.




This is an example of its wares.



The flour packing machine...









Not an unusual sight in rural Pennsylvania.





We stopped at this place called  "Country Traditions".
 



 This building houses several hundred stands where local artisans
display a variety of items..


 By this time we were in Lewisburg,
the home of Bucknell University and a State Prison.




I guess I should have gotten out and washed the windshield.
 



After stopping for a yummy lunch at a local sandwich shop,
we headed towards home.




We passed an Alpaca farm...




Lots of pretty country...


 Stopped for gas...





and got home in time to do the afternoon feedings..
 



Not a good time for pictures....
 




This is a porcupine quill that has a story all it's own.
To see that story please visit..
It will be worth your while..


 The goats were fed...




 Gobble gobble....





The ducks were fed as well...
 



Sadly,  It was time for me to head home...
I so appreciate the  ride in your beautiful country 
and visiting it's cute little shops. 


 It was a long day but fun..
I love exploring new territories and their little shops.
It's even better when I don't have to drive and have great company.




What a pretty fall sky to end a perfect day..
Thanks Bev.





12 comments:

Lynne said...

It would be such fun to visit Bee Haven, have lunch and browse with each of you . . . And do some gab in the car during the drive.

Great day for you Missy . . . thanks for sharing.

Junebug said...

That sure sounds like a great day to me! Hummm, any purchases???? Ha-ha!!

NanaDiana said...

Missy- What a gorgeous tour. It certainly does make me miss PA. It's the kind of post that puts a lump in my throat and think of the days I grew up there with my family intact.

I love all the scenery and that chicken artist could probably make it to the Jay Leno show!;>) xo Diana

Diane said...

Looks lovely! Didn't know chickens would peck at pumpkins. Funny.

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

What a perfect trip/drive you had! Love those artisan type shops as they always have such unique items.

Patricia said...

What a great trip to share. Looks like you had a fabulous day.

Susie said...

Missy, Lots of great photos. I laughed out loud about the pumpkin carving chickens.Love it. Enjoy your weekend. xoxo,Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

What a nice trip...now that we had the brakes fixed on the car, we should take a day trip someplace. Loved the picture of the turkey..mmmm....bet he will taste gooooood!!!

Beulah said...

I loved these pictures and the pictures of the farms and the comment about love being grown there. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!

Lilasesazuis said...

Missy, that grace their furry hosts!

What a delight, traveled with you and your beautiful photos!

Oh, how wonderful to live in the countryside and being surrounded by beautiful landscapes and beautiful animals.

Honey, have a great weekend,

kisses,

Lígia e =ˆˆ=

Kelly said...

That farm is always so much fun to see! I bet it was fun being there to feed the animals. The chickens did a "bang up" job on those pumpkins didn't they? LOL! It really does seem like the perfect day you had.

Karen L. Bates said...

You are so lucky to live near Bev's beautiful farm! What beautiful countryside, thanks for sharing.