Wednesday, October 16, 2013

THEY'RE ALL OVER THE PLACE


It seems the squirrels are suddenly more active
 and much more prevalent.


It has become necessary to remind Mollie not to chase them.
I only need to put her shock collar on her as a reminder.
I discovered that when I forgot to take the "shocker" part with me.




  I guess they're busy "squirreling" away their nuts for the winter.





This squirrel "owns " this tree
 and can often be seen sitting on this limb.
He was sitting like this for at least fifteen minutes.
I thought he was asleep. Do they sleep with their eyes open?
I was only four feet away and he never moved.
A month or so ago their were very few around.
 Maybe they don't like hot weather either.

10 comments:

Lilasesazuis said...

Hi, Missy,

How lovely to have squirrels so, so close.

Here I only see squirrels when I go inside the farm.

Certainly are preparing for winter.

Honey, have a great day,

kisses,

Lígia e =ˆˆ=

linda eller said...

Between the squirrels stocking up on nuts and the spiders building cobwebs everywhere, and I do everywhere, I am wondering if all that means a tough winter.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Last minute preparations!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I have noticed how active they have been too - and there are a lot of smaller ones (the springtime babies) out and running around. My puppy goes crazy too :-)

Junebug said...

Poor Mollie, no fun!! She probably could chase every squirrel for hours! That one thing I don't have here for my four legged kids to chase. Thank goodness for we have enough neighborhood cat for them to take off running. Enjoy your day!

Susie said...

The squirrels are pretty. If they are more active, they may be storing for winter. We have the red squirrels around here. We have picked up plenty of hickory nuts for them this winter. I know that Mollie is being made crazy by those squirrels running all around, poor doggie. Missy, I hope you are enjoying your autumn. I had the best day today. It was just good to be out enjoying a pretty day. xoxo,Susie

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

I have noticed the same squirrel activity in our area. Really have to watch them since they tend to cross the roadways a lot and I don't like hearing a thump thump under my wheels...

Kelly said...

I let my dog chase the squirrels around here. Of course, it doesn't do any good though. There was one sitting on my front porch this morning that my dog was watching. I noticed he had been digging in my flowers again. I let my dog out to run him off and then had to wash my dog! He came in filthy due to the rain outside.

Beverly Frankeny said...

We are always over-run with squirrels...much to Sam and Oakley's delight. Luckily for the squirrels, dogs cannot climb trees!!!

dan said...

I would spend a lot of time observing those busy squirrels!! They are lovable!!