Friday, November 15, 2013

COME WALK WITH US


Mollie takes me on a walk four or five times a day.
Some long, some not so long.
Sometimes I take my camera along "just in case".
Last week I saw an albino squirrel..no camera.




There are several of these ant hills around.
In them are little red ants.
I wonder if they're the  "biters"?



Their construction is so perfect.




Our shadows are very long these mornings.
 


Behind the old farmhouse is a "grove" ? of Bamboo.
It's beautiful..The leaves are so feathery.
It's very invasive though so you have
 to be very carefulwhere you plant it. 
Do you see the Pandas playing among the branches?



This particular morning
 there were flocks of bluebirds around the ball field.




This trail has been here all summer.
I think it's a groundhog but one of the neighbors disagrees.
What else could it be?
The path doesn't go across the walk that I'm standing on.
I've seen a big fat groundhog in the field pretty often.




These are the last of my flowers waiting for frost 
to bid them adieu.
( We had our first hard frost several weeks ago.)







I believe that when one takes pictures it makes you
to  see things quite differently.
I see things I  never would have noticed  in the past.





 This fat little finch spends hours a day just sitting in my feeder ...
and look who's back....



Mr Chips !!

Have a happy weekend.

15 comments:

Beverly Frankeny said...

Tis so very true....viewing the world from behind the lens gives us a better appreciation of the beauty in front of the lens. So glad you have found that world!!!

✿⊱Lilasesazuis✿⊱by Lígia✿⊱ said...

Hello, Missy,

Alright?

I was inside the city of Guararema, celebrating the birthday of my mother.

I went back yesterday and I'm delighted with the way you look at things simple, beautiful and full of life you have.

Loved your photos. They are so beautiful!!

Honey, have a great weekend,

kisses for you and Mollie.

✿⊱Lilasesazuis✿⊱by Lígia✿⊱ said...

Hello, Missy,

Alright?

I was inside the city of Guararema, celebrating the birthday of my mother.

I went back yesterday and I'm delighted with the way you look at things simple, beautiful and full of life you have.

Loved your photos. They are so beautiful!!

Honey, have a great weekend,

kisses for you and Mollie.

Lynne said...

Happy weekend to you too Missy . . . I hope this comment comes through to you!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoyed the photos, thanks!

Junebug said...

Jazi and Jackson would love to go on a walk you. I'm sure they could find lots to sniff and chase as I enjoy the beautiful scenery. Have a great weekend!

Curtains in My Tree said...

I sure miss taking my little pug for walks, she died couple years ago cancer
we always seen lots of interesting things in the world to see like wildlife

Lynne said...

One more comment . . . I enjoyed your post. Writing this from my lap top . . . let's see if this arrives to you too.

Anonymous said...

Bamboo...so lovely in someone else's property...Let's see what we see in the big moon tonight. Ann

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Oh gosh...get that camera in your pocket so we can see the albino squirrel. Pretty please.

Patricia said...

Mr. Chips is too cute.

Kelly said...

I enjoyed going on a walk with you. It's fun to see nature happening in other parts of our nation. I noticed blue birds were circling our birdhouse the other day. Looks like they're making a place to stay the winter. I love bluebirds. My mom says they can be hard to find. They like wide open spaces. That would explain why you saw yours around the ball field. We have a pasture behind the woods of our house. We think they come from there.

Susie said...

Missy, The bluebirds look so sweet. I love seeing them. We had some this year and they stayed along time. Our flowers are over till next year. But this evening as I walked around the yard...I saw some of the violas growing again in the planter box. Hope you have a great Sunday. xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

What a fun post- the shadows, the bamboo (and pandas-lol). Love the flowers and I can't imagine what else might have made that "trail". Hope you have some wonderful walks this week- xo Diana

dan said...

Going for a walk with a dog is a healty habit, and so interesting since there are many little "treasures" around! Your photos are examples of them...Yes, I agree with you : to take photos makes see things differently! I have looked at my city in a totally different way recently!