Monday, November 11, 2013

LEAVES BEGONE

At eight thirty last Friday morning,
I hung my laundry out on the clothesline to dry 
and went to the grocery store.
When I came home this was going on in my neighborhood.





Do you think I should take my clothes down??



Fortunately,
I had only done a dark wash which was mostly pants.



They do a great job of leaf removal but it's very dusty dirty.


There are big piles of leaves on every street.



They use this mower and big blowers to push the leaves into piles.



Then they are sucked up in to trucks with this big vacuum.
( I'd better keep Mollie in the house. )






I think they'll be doing this again as there are still
leaves on the trees and in the gutters.
Glad I don't have to rake ....
Have a wonderful week...Brrr. 

Happy Veterans Day
Thank you all for your service.
I, for one, am very grateful to you. 


8 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

That's a totally efficient way to clean up leaves, and YES... by all means keep the pup in the house!

Diane said...

Oh for the days of a nice quiet rake!

linda eller said...

You are fortunate to have someone to do that for you. We would have to pay to have it done here. Happy Monday!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sure beats doing it by hand!

Beverly Frankeny said...

Oh, I need one of those vacuums!!

Rae said...

Everytime I hang clothes out on the line to dry that is when my neighbor decides to burn leaves. I think it is a nasty plot of his. :)

Susie said...

Missy, Ted and I did yard clean up yesterday(Monday). It was beautiful, then the wind shifted and blew the leaves from the trees in the woods into our yard....then some snow this morning. At least you had some help there. Hope your laundry was still clean.xoxo,Susie

Lynne said...

Bring that truck over here and I will put him to work!