Monday, November 18, 2013

"THE ANTIQUE MARKET PLACE" PART ONE


This building used to be the Manbeck Bakery.
It's 32,000 square feet holds 150 antiques dealers.
Among many other items,
 one can find furniture, coins, photography, postcards,
Pa railroad memorabilia, Civil and Revolutionary War items.





The building dates back to 1913 and housed the stables
 for the horses used for pulling wagons to deliver the bread.
It's brick and hardwood floors are original.
The entire building is around 73,000 square feet.
The other half contains The Pennsylvania Fabric Outlet.
.




I'm so glad that I don't wear silver jewelry.
There are some beautiful Turquoise pieces here.




This MG is from the 50's , I think.
I missed that part of the sign in the picture.





It's a steal at $40,000.



Lots of Vintage clothing, cottons and lace.




Interesting framed photos and artwork.




Some very nice old furniture..
I know some of you are  just dying to paint it white.



Pennsylvania Railroad lanterns..
Some priced at $1,100 - $1,200.00





Loads of "Willow ware" 
and




Carousel and Rocking horses...



I'll post "Part Two " on Wednesday....
There's a lot to take in.


15 comments:

Lynne said...

Looks like an Old Bakery turned Antique Store is a place filled will many jewels . . . some to wear, some to drive and some to set a place or two for Thanksgiving dinner! I would love a visit here and look forward to part two!

✿⊱Lilasesazuis✿⊱by Lígia✿⊱ said...

Hello, Missy,

That building is beautiful!

It really is a delight to go to antique fairs, but ... I think the parts guys!

Each treasure!

kisses,

Ligia and =ˆ.ˆ=

linda eller said...

I would love to go through that place...doubt there is anything that isnt housed there. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to more. Have a nice Monday.

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Love the old furniture but I wouldn't paint it white. There are too many other gorgeous colors of paint to consider. Won't be buying any though since my husband does not like old furniture and REALLY does not like painted pieces at all. I like the structure of older furniture. Today's pieces are junk to be honest.

Diane said...

Looks like a very fun place to visit! I had no idea RR lanterns are so valuable. Chuckled at your comment about painting the furniture!

Susie said...

Missy, I loved the look of the building's front doors. What a fun place to spend a few hours. Hope you are safe, xoxo,Susie

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sometimes I love spending an afternoon browsing through a place like that!

Junebug said...

I'm thinking this would take me a couple day to look at everything. Wow!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

What a neat place to visit with so much history there being a bakery so many years before.

Rae said...

What a wonderful place. I could look around for hours. It has so many beautiful things.

dan said...

It 's a nice place indeed! And they do have lots of items. I love the sillver jewelry and the rocking horses are wonderful!!

thistlewoodfarm said...

So many great finds! I love that car! I would drive it with a scarf in my hair!

Happy day to you!
karianne

NanaDiana said...

Wow, Missy. What a great place...and a real antique store as opposed to a "junk" shop. Beautiful pieces. I don't mind painted furniture if the furniture is crappy but I hate to see really good pieces painted....that's just me-xo Diana

Jody in Georgia said...

Thanks for the visit to a really interesting place! I would love to spend some time there just looking at all the treasures!

Beverly Frankeny said...

One of my most favorite haunts! I haven't been there in a long while.