Friday, November 1, 2013

THE LAST BLUSH OF SUMMER

 There are still some flowers around
 even though they may be covered with leaves.







The finches and bunnies have taken their toll on the cone flowers.

 


 No frost yet.




We may have a few more weeks
 before the grey and white of winter settles in..





Don't get me wrong...I love the color of summer.
I'm just not a fan of the heat.








This beauty can go indoors for the winter.



In the meantime,
we have the colors of fall to enjoy.
Have a wonderful weekend.

 

9 comments:

Diane said...

Super photos! Love the first one-- I'm a pink fan.

Beverly Frankeny said...

I love love love Fall!! But...still...miss the colors of summer!

Lynne said...

Wow . . . you have bunches of color still . . . we have had frost although sixties here now. And very wet, tons of leaves, downpour rains . . . and your color cheered me immediately!

Junebug said...

I love that you still have lots of color. Mine is slowly dying! We've had one night of frost but I covered several plants so they would survive a little longer. Not ready to give up just yet! Enjoy your Fall Day!!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

No flowery colors here. You are lucky!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Nice...love that first picture of the pale pink daisy...that would make a lovely print to frame and hang on a wall. Good job taking pictures of the flowers!!

dan said...

Yes, autumn has extraordinary colours! For me they are just as beautiful as those of summer flowers. . .

Kelly said...

I bet it is pretty where you live right now. Fall is such a nice time of year but what follows isn't. I'm not a Winter girl.

Susie said...

Missy, You are still enjoying your flowers. I loved all your photos. Winter is my least favorite season. But I can stand it if the sun shines enough. Blessings, xoxo,Susie