Monday, November 4, 2013

WHAT A MESS

My sister and her husband
 are moving down the street from me this week.

I have their dog for six days
 so she doesn't get any more confused than she already is .
"Home" is three different places right now.
She looks despondent but she's fine.
Behind her is the stuffing from Mollies toy Duck.
The two of them love to gut her toys.
I sew them up and they rip them open again.
Isn't she just the picture of innocence ?





 Then there's my kitchen that also needs some attention.





I did the wash today so my bedroom doesn't look so great either...




and the bathroom...
Jazz has to drip water for about six feet after she drinks.
I was going to make a valance for the shower
 with the fabric that's hanging over the shower but..
I think that the white needs to be whiter and the grey is a little off.
Looks a little dirty ?

What do you think?


 



And now for my mess ( to continue the theme ).
I bought some metal shelves this AM.
 This is the packaging left from my putting them together.





Now all my stamping stuff is in this closet.
There is no more in the garage.



My sister has my vacuum cleaner..
That's where this space came from. I told her she could keep it.
I only have throw rugs except for the one in the last picture.
and my battery operated Dyson is enough for those.
With the kitty litter, I sweep the floors every day with a broom.
I guess I need an electric broom 
with no brushes because of the hardwood floors.
I'll put that on my list..
I decided that there's no point in cleaning as long as Jazz is here.
I picked everything up though..
I'll clean well next week..



8 comments:

Lynne said...

Loved this post . . . perfect and authentic. Cuz' nothing is PERFECT 24/7.

Loved Miss Innocence too . . .

Yay . . . your sister will be a stones throw away!

Beverly Frankeny said...

Goodness. The fabric you ordered is pretty....but it looks more mushroom or taupe than gray.... Back to the drawing board?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Moving can be so difficult and hard on pets. Jazz is lucky to be staying at your B & B for the duration!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

I like that shelving for your stamps in the closet. I bought a 5 tier shelf for in the basement to hold alot of my stamping stuff. Been thinking my next set of shelves will be what you just bought....Fun babysitting Jazz, hope she likes her new move...it's hard on them too!

The valance over the shower...I agree, would go with a light beige or white.

Have a great day!!

Susie said...

Missy, I think sometimes one dog is more work than two children.LOL. I hope your sister is happy for your help. I think it will be fun for you to be that close. Some coffee mornings, afternoon teas. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

Aw, Missy- I love how REAL you are. Isn't it funny how we never show our messes on our blogs? Messes,however, are part of real life and that is what I love about YOU- xo Diana

Patricia said...

Ah, talking about messes. We've been painting and everything was shoved away from the walls for going on two weeks. I finally was able to vacuum yesterday... oh dear! We are very close to being finished with the living/dining/kitchen room. It's all one room and two stories high, so just that one room was a massive project. I even got the new kitchen valance sewed this weekend. It was fabric I bought before we even chose the paint colors. Turns out it was a pretty good fit. Whew. Take care.

Lilasesazuis said...

Missy,

Your home is beautiful ... and easy to organize.

As Jazz is great! ... Kkkk ... seems very calm.

I also like to have everything organized ... 2 vacuums because the 7 cats, by the very loose in the house.

kisses and have a great week,

Ligia and =ˆˆ=