Wednesday, November 27, 2013

WIND, WATER AND FREEZING TEMPERATURES



Monday,  my birdbath looked like
 it was developing an iceberg or a glacier.






The icicle was longer yesterday but it was too damn darn
blasted cold and windy to go back out again to take pictures.
(Not that it was much better today but..no wind)





It looks as if the water that hadn't  frozen yet was being blown over the ice and over the side forming a rise and an icicle.



This is the best angle...
This poor Mourning Dove forgot his ice skates



I suspect he may be waiting for some ice to melt
 so he can get a drink.
I think he'll have a long wait.
His piggies must be cold. 


Happy Thanksgiving everyone..
Be thankful..I know they are.




6 comments:

Diane said...

Poor dove! Nice photo though!

Junebug said...

Burrrrrrrrrrr!!! It sure looks cold outside! We've also been having freezing temps at night. It does warm up during the day that our birdies get a drink. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

marejohn said...

OH BRRR! Lovely birdbath btw!! just beautiful! Now I need to turn up the furnace after those photos! I'm even chillier !! :)

Susie said...

Missy, It seems sad for birds sometimes doesn't it? That is cold and boy the wind does make a big difference. We had sunshine today but very cold. I wish you a beautiful day tomorrow. Hope you get to be with loved ones. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Lynne said...

Poor Mourning Dove . . . bet he doesn't forget his ice skates tomorrow!

Happy Thanksgiving Day Missy . . .

✿⊱Lilasesazuis✿⊱by Lígia✿⊱ said...

Missy, dear,

The cold really is freezing out there!

Here we are with hot days, even raining. Last week it rained every day! I had a very bad cold and now I'm fine!

kisses, Ligia e =ˆ.ˆ=