Friday, December 20, 2013

NO WAY !!!



I think I would have to choose unemployment over this job.




He's way up there and carrying a chain saw.. 
and  much higher when I first saw him.
The crotch of this tree is over 6'.


He was up there jumping up and down on limbs
 to see how sturdy they were .



When I saw him, he was descending.

It was in the mid thirties and very windy when these were taken.
I guess some body has to do it. 

Hopefully he won't run in to one of these.
I guess it's cold enough.. so no worry.





They started working on this old Oak at 8 AM..
It soon became obvious that they weren't just thinning it out.






Apparently its acorns are the problem...
Several sprained ankles, a fall, dents in roofs of cars and a twice flooded  basement due to gutters being clogged with acorns.
 




The property "owner" said he was also a bit of a tree hugger
 but enough was enough.

 

It will be replaced with a 15 foot Dogwood.
Not quite the same but it's a tree.
This was a seven hour job.


7 comments:

Patricia said...

It must have been noisy with chainsaws buzzing all day.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Poor old mighty oak. I hate to see healthy trees cut down. But I know sometimes it's necessary.

Beth Edwards said...

weird - i headed over from Nancy's at A Rural Journal ... but ended up like a year ago or something? it was like stepping back in time? so odd. i wonder what happened??!

my Dad & Mom got rid of a bunch of trees in their yard. i always know it is needed buy why?? guess it is the kid in me. ( :

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

I hate seeing trees taken down but sometimes it's the only answer. Glad to hear they are replacing it with another one! xox

Susie said...

Missy, If they are putting a tree back, that's at least something. Some trees, even the pretty ones can be trash trees....that is what we have here. I hate to think of people having to work out in the worst of elements....like the linemen, who restore our power, phones, and things like that. Bless their hearts. Hope you are enjoying your weekend and staying safe. xoxo,Susie

Buttons said...

Oh that is sad I wish I could put it here in my forest but I understand the need to take them down sometimes. Oh yes that is a very hard job. Happy Holidays. B

NanaDiana said...

That would not be a good thing for me to do either. Way too cold and I like to wear skirts! lol

Yes- you are still a No Reply, Missy. I am so sorry- I meant to get back to you with the "fix". I wasn't ignoring you-just swamped here.

Here is the link on how to fix it- just copy and paste it into your browser.

http://www.flusterbuster.com/2013/02/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html