Monday, December 16, 2013

OUR FIRST REAL SNOW



After a late start it came on like gang busters.
1-2 inches an hour.
This is just the beginning.
We've had two little "storms" that totaled three inches.




 "Virgin" snow.
I guess Mollie and I
 were the only ones crazy enough to be out there.
It's hard to believe that this is not a black and white photo.

 


I love walking in new snow.
It's so quiet and peaceful right now.
The plows came ten minutes later and haven't stopped.
I hope we have some streets left in the AM.

 


"Yup Mom, I love playing in the snow too."

 



This is what I saw from my bedroom window
Sun AM when I climbed  leaped out of bed.



 Three inches of snow...




Not the eight that was predicted.

 

 Mollie and I, once again, were the only ones stirring.




 We took our usual walk around the ball field.






The walking was a little difficult because of the crust on the snow.
We had a little rain on top of the snowfall.
 




Mollie had her nose in every animal track 
and there were lots of them out there.





Deer....
 



 These branches are happy that we only got a few inches.

 


Have a wonderful week..
 

11 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have fun in the snow! It's so nice before it gets all plowed, trampled and dirty.

Diane said...

That last photo could be a Christmas card! Love the deer print too.

Junebug said...

Love your snow pictures. It always looks so pretty and clean. I'm hoping you are enjoying your snow. that much snow would shut our area down, LOL. We are snow sissies!!

Susie said...

Missy, Your little dog, too precious with that snowy face. It's very pretty where you are, nice for walking. Be careful when out and about. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Izzy got a new pink coat recently... she and Mollie would look very cute walking side by side in the snow... Oh, and your comments on my blog are coming through as 'no reply' again so I can't reply to them... waaaaah.....
Stay warm!!

Beverly Frankeny said...

Love, love , love snow. I would take a couple of feet right now so that I could just stay home!!!

Lynne said...

So beautiful! I love fresh snow falls!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I felt the dread yesterday morning when I woke up to snow falling, Missy. It wasn't too much and it is supposed to warm up by Thursday. Hopefully, it will all be gone by the weekend. They haven't come by to do our little streets in the condo community so we are a mess in here. I'm sure once I manage to get out to the main roads it will be fine.

Kelly said...

How beautiful! I love your snow pictures. Mollie is so cute with her little sweater outside too. I hope you enjoy it.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Oh....how pretty! I love the blanket of white....and the footprints look like a post card!

Happy day!
karianne

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Looks like Mollie is really enjoying the snow. I like her coat. But she has no boots for her feet-zies?! Kylie can only manage a walk around the block and her feet-zies get cold and I have to pick her up and wipe them. Then she practically drags me home cause she wants to get in the warm house and warm her feet-zies!!