Wednesday, January 15, 2014

BIRDS OF THE SEASON


This time of year it seems that I spend a lot of time 
 watching the birds at my feeders.
Of course I have to take lots of pictures...lucky you.

I guess this is where the expression 
"Birds eye view" came from.




Chickadees







Cardinals



Sparrows








Finches
 







Red Bellied Woodpecker




Downy Woodpecker





Wren





There are certain times of the day,
that I have trouble taking pictures through my kitchen window because of the blinds reflection.




Tufted Tit Mouse



Who is that sneaking up in the back??



White Breasted Nuthatch ???




Had enough birdies??
They are an interesting  form of entertainment for me...
My nature fix.



12 comments:

Diane said...

Really nice pictures! You certainly get a variety of birds. Do you keep track of what you see?

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Great photos - we have a cardinal pair that I am enjoying this winter :-)

Patricia said...

We don't have cardinals and I love seeing them in your photos. So, feel free to share more. I have the hummingbird feeders up. They're here year round.

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Great bird photos! We have had a lot of bird activity in our yard lately. Love chickadees and their little twittery voices.

NanaDiana said...

You take EXCELLENT pictures, Missy. What kind of camera do you have? Those are really cute bird pictures and I took one today for tomorrow's post but yours puts mine to shame! xo Diana

Jody in Georgia said...

Watching birds at my feeders is one of my favorite activities, too. I'm always surprised to see my red-bellied woodpecker, but he is so pretty! This is a great way to spend my morning coffee time sitting on my sunporch enjoying God's tiny gifts.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You get quite an assortment of birds at your feeders, Missy! I love seeing the red of the cardinals in the Winter months. Just when it seems so bleak and grey that pop of red perched on a branch always makes me stop and look. Last week I actually saw a robin. I had to do a double take because I thought it was way too cold for them.

Lynne said...

I never get tired of the birdies . . . yours or mine!

Kelly said...

I enjoy watching nature too. You have really mastered the bird names! That's the problem I have is not knowing what kinds of birds I'm looking at sometimes.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Each one of them could be a post card!

Happy day to you!
karianne

Beth @ E. Lizard Breath Speaks said...

great bird captures. so lovely. i always enjoy the chickadee. my favorite. have a birdie time! ( :

Blackberry Lane said...

I watch birds through my office window often. Your photos are beautiful. I especially enjoy the wrens; they are quite comical and entertaining.