Wednesday, February 12, 2014

CHRISTMAS WREATH REVISIT




I first saw this wreath on Laura's blog "Finding Home".
 and indicated that we could find the wooden discs at Michael 's.
When I went to Michael' s there were not any larger ones.
I found an Etsy that will make the discs the size that you need them and they also sell the wreaths already made.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/woodshed 

Thank you Wayne.
Recently I featured it on a blog post 
sparking some interest and questions about it.
Visiting the above mentioned Etsy,
I found it easier to order it already made and then decorate it.
The already made ones are screwed together and flexible
so that you can have it in an oval if you like
.



The wooden discs are somewhat fragile as they still have the bark on which comes off pretty easily.
( Mollie likes to chew on raw wood)




If you order the discs, you have a selection of sizes and woods and they will custom cut what you want and the amount you want.
It didn't make a lot of sense to me to make my own 
when they made it so easy and relatively  inexpensive.



 I hot glued a swag, added a ribbon and there you have it.
I changed the bow from a red Christmas one to this "winter" one. Burlap looks cute as well.
 
If you are interested in making your own,
visit Laura's blog for a "how to".



9 comments:

Beverly Frankeny said...

Great idea...love it. Thanks for all the construction info!! I've got plenty of trees....might cut my own some day!!

Blackberry Lane said...

Very pretty! I see Mollie is quite interested in it!

Lynne said...

I think you have the crafty creative bug too .. . .
Very nice!

Diane said...

That wreath is gorgeous and unique too!!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

It's super cute! Great job too.

NanaDiana said...

Well, isn't THAT cute, Missy? I love it. When I was a kid we had woods and burned wood in our furnace. When my father cut up the firewood for the year he would saw off several of those discs for us kids to play with. I am sure they got burned for heat when we were done playing with them. xo Diana

Jan said...

Not too long ago I dragged a sawed-off stump home expecting my husband to slice it up. After he stopped laughing he chopped it up for the fireplace. So glad I was blog hopping and came across your site!

Karen L. Bates said...

That is so cool...I just love nature and this look is so great. We use to sell buttons that looke like this....so pretty.

✿⊱Lilasesazuis✿⊱by Lígia✿⊱ said...

Missy, this garland is very beautiful!

You have used all of nature. Loved!

Then I'll visit your friend's blog.

kisses,

Lígia e =^.^=

I appreciate your comments. They put a smile in my day. Please visit again soon.