Monday, February 10, 2014

FOILED AGAIN

About a month ago we had a TEMPORARY thaw.
At that time the pole that my bird feeders were hanging on
had a serious list (lean).
Unable to secure it back into the ground,
I hung my feeders from my downspout.



I was hoping that this move would make it impossible
 for the squirrels to reach the feeders.
You can see the brick ledge that runs around my house.
It's a long reach for them ... maybe.




Yesterday I saw  "Mr Squirrel" outside of my kitchen window
 a little more frequently than I  usually do.



Can you see the wheels turning??




Still giving it some thought ??


Days later....
" Eureka!!   I made it !! "






He's pretty clever..
He just goes around the edges and gets
 whatever seed he can reach.




The other feeder is " squirrel proof ".
( Whatever that means )
May all of your challenges be surmountable.
Have a great week..


12 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

We placed our bird feeder on a pole in the middle of the backyard where there was nothing for a squirrel to be able to get to it, and hubby put a metal flange around the bottom of the feeder so if squirrels climbed the metal pole they could not reach over the flange to get to the feeder itself. They are certainly smart, ornery creatures when it comes to stealing bird seed. LOL

NanaDiana said...

Isn't it sad when the squirrels can outwit us? LOL- I have given up and now feed them corn on the cob and they are not so "attached" to me feeders anymore. Have a great Monday, Missy! xo Diana

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Is there truly such a thing as a "squirrel-proof" feeder? They just haven't figured it out yet, LOL!

Beverly Frankeny said...

I love it!!!

Diane said...

Squirrels are certainly tenacious. Guess they have to be in winter!

Susie said...

Missy, We have a sunflower seed feeder for the birds. Our squirrels go nuts trying to get to it. They used to shimmy the pole and manage to climb on the ledge and proceed to tear the feeder to pieces. Then my husband began working to out smart those squirrels...which is another funny story. But he finally made a ledge they could not get over and the birds get all the seed themselves. But last week, I saw the blue jays and cardinals eating the squirrel's corn. Fair play I guess. Hope you are safe . xoxo,Susie

Junebug said...

Why do those pesty critters have to be so stinking cute. They really are just a rodent!! I find myself watching there clever antics. Good luck with the Squirrel Proof!!

Kelly said...

Too funny! Those squirrels are desperate aren't they? We had a squirrel on our feeder this morning and as soon as I let my dog out, he had him in full pursuit! Hilarious!

Lynne said...

Certainly no dummies those "tree rats!"

Nancy's Notes said...

Cute photographs of those cute little stinking critters! Happy I found your blog, I'll just let myself in and take a little look around!

Karen L. Bates said...

Wow great shots...great camera...great artist..

✿⊱Lilasesazuis✿⊱by Lígia✿⊱ said...

Owmmm

I love squirrels! What a blessing, Missy ... have them so close.

Looks like they are smart jugglers!

Your photos are beautiful!

kisses

Lígia e =^.^=