Friday, February 21, 2014

RANDOM FRIDAY

MY BUDDY

We're becoming good friends...
I expect him to knock on the door soon..
 


He's very little...gotta fatten him/her up..




NIGHT VISITORS

At the cottage across the street from me
there is a clearing under this overgrown bush.



For the past several nights
 a mother deer and her baby have spent the night.
They are usually gone in the morning.
That particular morning they were still there at 7:30,
 probably because of the major snow storm we were enduring.






Utility trucks scared them off shortly after I took these pictures.

 


A LITTLE CHANGE

 Last Fall I bought this light fixture.





At the time, I decided to leave it shadeless.
The longer I lived with it, the more I thought it needed something.
So...
 



I have always liked the printed fabric design in furniture 
so when I saw these I thought..Why not??
I  ordered some matching fabric and made
 a  valance for my kitchen window.







DON'T BE FOOLED...




These robins have been around for almost a month...



I don't think of them as a sign of spring.
They are drinking water (melting ice ) from the gutters.

 

Have a wonderful weekend..
.

17 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Hi Missy, Lovely to see the robins, squirrel and deer. I love the shades for your light fixture and the curtain is a great idea and ties everything together. Have a nice day. Mildred

Lynne said...

I liked how you designed this post . . .
and the addition to the light fixture and window, very nice.
I wonder why I haven't seen any Robins!

Diane said...

Interesting photos! Seems like an odd time of year for babies. Brrr......... Really like your new shades and valance-- great job! Good choice of fabric.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nice touch to make the valance match the shades. I like them!

Junebug said...

Isn't that rodent with the fluffy tail cute! But I'm glad he/she is in your yard. A little too destructive for me. Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Those poor deer! Glad they could find a big bush.
Like your print fabric...Ann

thistlewoodfarm said...

So happy the momma and baby deer found a place to stay. :) Love your new shades!

Happy day friend!
karianne

Susie said...

Missy, The deer are so sweet. I laughed about your squirrel knocking on the door. :):) I love those little shades and the matching valance. Perfect ! Hope you have a good weekend. xoxo,Susie

Beverly Frankeny said...

Cute post, Missy! I love the deer pictures!!!!

Kelly said...

You have so much wildlife around you. I loved seeing the pictures of the deer hiding out under the trees. So sweet! I like your new chandelier shades and valance you made. I love that kind of fabric too.

W. Latane Barton said...

I am glad those deer found a safe place to bed down for the night. Now, I have to ask a question.... if the squirrel does knock on your door would you let it in? Just teasing but it is a funny thought.

Jody in Georgia said...

Enjoyed seeing your local animal residents! I have about 6 squirrels that come visit me each day. Fortunately, they can't get into the bird feeders, so feed them "critter food" and they're all pretty portly! Really like the new shades and valance. The chandelier really looks great with the additions.

Beth @ E. Lizard Breath Speaks said...

i actually do have a squirrel that will knock on our sliding door - it is too hilarious!! i love it. i don't give him/her food. but it is too funny! i wonder if he/she sees their reflection or what? enjoyed your snowy views. ( :

Beulah said...

Very nice blog again. The pictures you take, the things you do and your comments are great.

Nancy said...

Thanks so much for joining in Missy! Loved the images of Momma Deer -- thank you! xo

✿⊱Lilasesazuis✿⊱by LĂ­gia✿⊱ said...

Missy,

As it is gorgeous!

Oh, I hope the mother and the baby are fine ... what a privilege to have nature so so close!

I live in a city that barely see some birds.

It was very lovely your chandelier!

Have a great day,

kisses,

Ligia e = ^. ^ =

NanaDiana said...

Somehow I missed this post, Missy. How cute are those deer nestling there? They are such sweet animals-I know they do crop damage to the farmer's fields but I have always loved their delicate beauty.

Love your new shades and that valance is perfect to balance the look....valance/balance...like that combo. Can't think of another word to rhyme with those two-can you?

Have a wonderful week, Missy! xo Diana

I appreciate your comments. They put a smile in my day. Please visit again soon.