Monday, February 17, 2014

SNOW, SNOW AND MORE SNOW

I'm sure most of us are in the same boat
 and probably getting tired of  "snowscapes".




My blogs are about taking pictures of available subjects and trying to say something intelligent about them.
The picture part is the easiest.





So , SNOW it is !!
This is my path from the garage to my driveway.
Mollie and I change our clothes/boots in the garage and dry off.







A 9-10 inch snow fall an hour after it stopped snowing.
Plowing starts around here as soon as the first flake falls even if it's going to snow for the next twelve hours.
For this one , plowing started at one AM.
It stopped snowing around four PM when this picture was taken.



The roads are clear all day long but our driveways
aren't plowed out until six PM..
I guess there is a good reason for clear roads that can't be used .
(not by us anyway).




No form of precipitation falls under the eaves of my house..
This makes filling my bird feeders that are hanging from the gutters in the back easily accessible.







The roofs are accumulating quite a bit of snow.







Maybe the winter Olympics should have been here.






 There's a lot of macadam and lawn in this pile.




 It's supposed to be near 60 next week..
Lakeside pictures will follow...







Have a wonderful week !!


10 comments:

Diane said...

Your last picture made me laugh out loud. Thanks-- might be my only laugh today as we are under yet another winter storm warning. Wonderful.

Lynne said...

You are "getting snowed" now too!

Another Norster arriving here this afternoon!

And then 50's - 60's and we too will be lakeside

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hurry, Spring, HURRY! Everyone's sick to death of winter and snow, aren't we?

thistlewoodfarm said...

I am soooooo with you! I saw grass and I almost had a "come apart" as we say in Kentucky.

Happy day friend!
karianne

Blackberry Lane said...

That is just too much snow! I know you are tired of it. Thanks for sharing the photos...for someone like me in GA, it's hard to imagine that much snow.

Susie said...

Missy, I am amazed you can get out. You did gets lots of snow. Today was to be 38...well it never got there and we have had rain, sleet, snow. Please be careful going out. xoxo,Susie

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Having cold winter weather is one thing, but all the snow that has fallen this winter is most likely going t create a lot of lakes and floods this spring... oh boy... won't that be fun for some people... NOT.

Beth @ E. Lizard Breath Speaks said...

how long do you figure all the snow will take to melt? those mounds are huge. i love how fluffy & pretty it is on the trees. happy week! ( :

Kelly said...

I can't get over the piles of snow all around your home! That is just amazing to see. We get so much less snow so I'm not used to seeing that. I imagine that gets old real quick.

✿⊱Lilasesazuis✿⊱by LĂ­gia✿⊱ said...

Missy,

Looking at your photos, I think the snow here is so refreshing ... very, very hot!

Heavy snow should disrupt daily activities.

I hope that day will improve and the sun to shine again soon!

kisses,

Ligia e = ^. ^ =

I appreciate your comments. They put a smile in my day. Please visit again soon.