Wednesday, March 5, 2014

FIRE !!!


Monday I was in my back room (den) "playing on my laptop".
I heard one truck, then another
 and finally got up to see what was going on.




It seemed like it took forever
 to get water running through those hoses.




As the minutes passed, more and more fire engines appeared.




I counted seven  fire engines, an ambulance several of our vehicles and multiple volunteer fire fighter vehicles.



We were all trapped for hours..I think that they were as well.
No way out.



They were wrapped half way around the block in all directions
with some vehicles parked in our driveways.

The occupants were out and OK.



They have two cars. 
One is parked in the garage and the other right beside it.
The one outside was started to run it a bit.
From inside the house they heard a "pop" and before long
 there was a lot of smoke.
Their neighbor called 911.



Here comes number eight. I hope he kept going and didn't get caught up in the log jam.
There was a bigger fire not far from here with two fatalities.


They used a chain saw to get through the roof.



This is the car that was kept in the garage.
Luckily it was gotten out and it is drivable.




This fire engine had computer failure and had to be towed.
(Four hours later)..
The tow truck was idling all that time right outside my house which was beginning to smell like a garage by the time they left.
Maybe it was the tow truck that had a computer problem
 with it's towing mechanism.
Why else would it have taken so long??
 


Meanwhile out back, life went on as usual.




The next day...






PS.. The occupants are staying in the guest house here
 and haven't been inside yet. I don't envy them.
We have several ready to move in to cottages available.
I would just move.
I can't imagine that there is much salvageable in that house between the smoke and all the water they used.
I guess it's too early to make those decisions but as you can see, I've made mine.



12 comments:

Lynne said...

What was the cause . . . electrical?

Made for an interesting day!

Why seven fire engines though . . .

Diane said...

WOW!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow! Neighbourhood excitement alright. Glad no one was hurt, at least in this particular fire.

Blackberry Lane said...

I'm thankful no one was injured in this particular fire but still, so much devastation. I would have been nervous with so many emergency vehicles blocking the street. Glad you shared some pics with us.

Junebug said...

I have to agree with you. It is the smoke that does soooooooo much damage. It amazes me that film it leaves behind. Just glad everyone was out safe!

thistlewoodfarm said...

So happy they are safe and okay!

What an exciting day!
karianne

Susie said...

Missy, That is a sad situation. I would not want to try to clean up after a big fire. Like you said smoke smell and water damage. It was a blessings the neighbors were safe. So sad about the other fire and deaths. Take care, you still have plenty of snow. It is snowing a fine snow here right now...just enough to slick up the roads. xoxo,Susie

Anonymous said...


Hi Missy, I enjoyed your Blogg very much & look forward to seeing more. The fire pictures very good
since I wasn't here to see it & loved Max & Molly. Thank you.


Arletta

Beth @ E. Lizard Breath Speaks said...

so, no one was home? does that mean they got home in time to back the car out? i wonder why they block the whole road??!! interesting day. ( :

NanaDiana said...

How awful for anyone to have to go through all that. I think fire is just so very, very scary. That is terrible that all of you were trapped like that for all that time.

Terrible news about the other fire, too! xo Diana

✿⊱Lilasesazuis✿⊱by LĂ­gia✿⊱ said...

Missy, what a fright!

A fire is always horrible!

Thank God that soon firefighters arrived and no one is hurt!

Was it a short circuit in the wiring of the house?

Honey, have a great day,

kisses,

Ligia e = ^. ^ =

Kelly said...

Wow! You had a front row seat! How scary that must've been to see all of that unfolding in front of you. Glad to know that noone was hurt.

I appreciate your comments. They put a smile in my day. Please visit again soon.