Friday, March 7, 2014

SHE WAS THE BEST


There comes a time when we have to say goodbye
to our beloved companions and it's so hard that I
sometimes  wonder why we put ourselves through it.
Of course I know the answer to that..
They give so much more than they take.
 Their love is unconditional and their loyalty unwavering.


"Maddies"  time came too soon.
She was so sweet..a gentle giant.
When I would drive up with Mollie in the car,
I couldn't get the door open fast enough.
Maddies head would be in my lap looking for Mollie and she 
 always"mothered" her all during our visit.
Yes, Maddie was the mothering kind.
When I arrived without Mollie, 
Maddie wouldn't let me out of the car until she was satisfied that Mollie wasn't there and then she would just walk away..
seemingly disappointed.




picture "borrowed" from BHA

I don't have many pictures of her except when she was a puppy and they're on a CD somewhere.
Nevertheless, I loved her and she will always be in my heart.



"borrowed" from BHA

Rest in peace sweet girl..You were loved...You'll be missed.

10 comments:

Susie said...

Missy, This post touches my heart. I think this is why I don't have a dog. The parting hurts so much. I am sorry for the loss of your furry friend...I think your dog will miss her too. Hugs to you, xoxo,Susie

Lynne said...

Beautiful Missy . . . and many tears.
What a love Maddie was. Mollie will be looking all over for Maddie next visit. And they say dogs can't think and feel!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

It's the hardest thing. There is a book called Dog Heaven that I find comforting to read. It's a children's book, but such a wonderful view of heaven.

Junebug said...

It is so crazy how you can get so attached to a dog through the computer. One you have never met but can shed a tear so easily over. She will be missed!

Diane said...

Losing a pet is so tough, and it never gets any easier! Newfs are very special dogs too.

Patricia said...

Oh dear, that is sad. I knew from reading Bev's blog that they were going to have to deal with this soon. Loosing pets is so very hard. Take care.

Blackberry Lane said...

I am so sorry. She was a beauty.

marejohn said...

Such a beauty. Such a loss. Sending a prayer for peace and a big hug. I'm so very very sorry.

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. That's never easy!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

She just looked like the best dog. She will be missed on BHA's blog. xox