Friday, March 21, 2014

SPRING CLEAN UP


Spring cleaning (outside) has started around here.
This week it was mulch.



It's always fun to watch it delivered...
Tractor trailer loads are "pooped" out on to the parking lot.
There's a mechanism inside the truck that pushes it out..
And you though it was the mulch elves.


Then it is loaded onto a truck with a Bobcat.


Now it's time for the "mulch elves".



It is distributed by them with wheelbarrows and hands only.
They work very hard and long.
Today they started at 7AM and worked til 6 PM 
and it was drizzling the entire day.




This is the Forsythia that was cut down this time of year in 2013.
It's starting to yellow 
and it looks like it will be allowed to bloom this year,
as will my Hydrangeas.






This area was pretty much denuded by them last year in their
"leaf removal maneuvers".




So,
I decided to just mulch it rather than seed it.
This ground would be tough to seed and I thought it may help the tree roots that are all scarred up as well.


We'll see how this holds up !!
For now, it looks a lot better and..
No mud.
Enjoy your weekend.

9 comments:

Diane said...

Wow-- no mud sounds nice to me. Enjoy your weekend too!

Junebug said...

I have an area that is my problem child. I tried mulch last year, this year I'm thinking pea gravel. I will not be defeated!! ha-ha!!

Tante Mali said...

Wow, normaly I need my car for mulch ... o) Great!
Happy Spring and all the best from Austria
Elisabeth

Susie said...

Missy, I wish I had a pack of those elves. I raked some today. The wind came up and made it too much work.. So I did not get much done. I think your tree will be better with the mulch. Everything seems to be shaping up nicely. Wishing you a great weekend. xoxo,Susie

Patricia said...

My forsythia is in full bloom right now. I wouldn't want to be moving mulch in the drizzle. I bet those guys were glad to be finished for the day.

Lynne said...

Lucky you . . . no snow, no mud and you are already mulched . . . wow . . . we will be having a very late spring here. We are still completely snow covered!

Tante Mali said...

Missy, so glad you are around! Thank you for your charming word and your visit. When I see your dog's pic an a further post it always makes me lough!!!
Sunny days
Elisabeth

Beth @ E. Lizard Breath Speaks said...

wow, that is a lot of mulch. & a ton of work. goodness!! ( :

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

They should be coming around here soon mulching, Missy. One of the signs of Spring I've come to recognize here! : )